Night Knight

The two giggled all the way down to the lunchroom. When they went inside they stood in a long line talking and giggling.

Suddenly a boy about a year older than them walks behind Kora and pulls on her hair hard. Kora turned to face the boy resisting the urge to slug the black-haired boy. She instead pushes away the anger she felt and decided it would be better just to give the boy a dirty look.

Obi-wan, however, does not. Obi-wan quickly grasps Kora's hand and pulls her behind him. "Leave her alone" Obi-wan demanded. He had only known Kora for a couple of hours, but for some reason, he felt overly-protective of her.

" OoOOooooOoooo looks like Kenobi's got a girlfriend" The comment caused the other kids to burst out into fits of laughter, making Obi-wan and Kora turn vibrant shades of pink.

"Oh Shut up" Kora says now getting annoyed

"Or what? What could you possibly do? You're smaller than Yoda!" the boy said. Kora found it harder and harder to suppress her anger, but she managed to do it.

"Actual she's a little bit taller" He said trying to defend her but failing miserably. Kora shot Obi-wan a "not helping"  glance.

"Aww look at your loser boyfriend defending you" with that comment Kora saw Obi-wan's face drop a little. So naturally, she turned and slug the jerk in the stomach causing him to fall to the ground, winded.

"Oh and speaking of Master Yoda," she said dragging out the master part that the boy had missed " He taught me how to do that" Kora now had a cocky smile smeared across her face.

She then turned to join a very shocked Obi-wan in line.

After getting their food, they sat at an empty table in the back as to not draw even more attention

"That was awesome!" Obi-wan said with a proud smile

"I know! " Kora said with a laugh "although Master Yoda won't be happy"

Kora then took a bite of her gruel then making a face, she set her spoon down and pushed the bowl away from her, focusing back on Obi-wan.

"I thought you said he taught you that" Obi-wan said confused

"He did but to use against "bad guys," not some jerk in the lunchroom"

"Oh" Obi-wan sighed

After a second of awkward silence, Kora decided to speak up.

"Obi-wan is a long name...So I'm going to call you Obi" Kora said looking to see Obi's reaction to the new nickname. He looked at Kora in a confused manner "Fine but only if I get to give you a ridiculous nickname"

" First Obi is not a ridiculous nickname. Second My name is already short so you have no need to give me a nickname" She smiled at him "but nice try Obi " she said emphasizing the obi to annoy him.

" What's your last name" he asked

"Knight...Why" She answered. He just smiled at her in return "No! Absolutely not! No!"

"Why" Obi whined. "Knight's a cool last name"

Ugh, she huffed "I'm not going to win this am I?" She asked although she already knew the answer.

"Nope" he said with a big toothy grin

"Fine!" she said in defeat.

They talked for a while before Kora looked out the window. The sun was setting. " How long have we been talking?" She asked amused

"I don't know, but if we don't leave now we might have to deal with an angry cook" He said grabbing Kora's hand and sprinting through the lunchroom doors. They once again were giggling in the hallways.

"Oh, Shoot" Kora said starting to jog the other way. " Sorry but I have to meet Master Yoda in the library!" She yelled as she was about to round the corner. " Goodnight Obi" she once again yelled.

"Goodnight Kor-um-Knight" he said with a smile as he could practically feel her ocean blues eyed rolling at the name.

This was the happiest Kora had ever felt. She had a best friend, She had two great Jedi Masters helping guide her, She was excelling in all her classes, and she would get to build a lightsaber next week. If only she could always feel this happiness...this joy, nothing would ever go wrong.