what could've been.

3rd Person POV

insufferable know-it-all, untamable black locks, and tender brown orbed, hermione granger. how could she stay so mesmerizing to his eyes, after all this time.. harry glanced towards his bestfriend approaching him towards the church altar, they exchanged small smiles as this moment was oh so worth crying for - and yes, yes it was worth crying for.

because he wasn't the one she was headed to. she was heading to her husband-to-be, harry's best friend - ronald weasley. soon to officially become wedded, harry potter was only the bestman, the third wheel. and nothing more..

as the muggle priest began their preliminaries, potter walked down memory lane - the beginning of his and hermione's friendship, after knocking out that mountain troll unconscious.. their bond blossomed - from her saving him from professor quirell's jinxes towards his nimbus 2000 that could've put him in a coma, going back in time with a time-turner to change the fate of the hipogriff, buckbeak. and harry's godfather, sirius black (who rests in peace today), to her supporting him during his hard times in the triwizard tournament, and so on. she stuck with him till the end and he couldn't feel more dissapointed in himself for being unable to express his feelings that are now better off unspoken just as the once powerful dark wizard's name "voldemort" was forbidden to be uttered. his entire soul shattered the moment he heard hermione mutter "i do" and he was entirely heartbroken when the pripriest had officially wedded them, now husband and wife. euphoria clear on both harry's bestfriends faces as their acquaintances in the seats of the church cheered for them to "kiss! kiss! kiss!" and so, obliging to everybody's wishes they share a sweet kiss that had harry thinking what if he had been the one kissing the girl he always had feelings for, now married to his bestfriend.

melancholic feelings, murder harry inside as he saw how happy she was with ron, and not him. harry himself actually found them adorable really.. only sometimes he just has thoughts of him and hermione - and what could've been.