Chapter 7

"Lumos." You whispered to nobody in the darkness of the common room. You had made it down the stairs safely in the dark, but the stairs to get down from the tower were the true challenge.

You waved your wand side to side, trying to light up any possible witnesses to your crime. Once the coast was clear, you let the wand guide you, just as it always has, through the common room and to the main entrance to the tower. There was a large, blue curtain with bronze edges that was draped across the entryway. And behind it was the door.

You had recently learned that to enter the room, you were required to answer a riddle. Though this was no challenge, there was a possibility you would need to run away from someone tonight and you wouldn't be slowed down by an arbitrary test of wit. So you brought a very thick book with you from the shelf neighbouring the door. Opening the door, you placed the book in between the wall and door, and stepped through, careful not to make any noise.

"I hate stairs."

You payed your thought no mind as you swiftly pranced down the stairs, making absolutely no noise due to the fact you knew a spell that silences any noise coming from the shoes the witch or wizard chose to enchant.

It was quite a trek from the Ravenclaw tower to the greenhouse, but through your fancy footwork and experience in the field, you were almost there. Until you turned the corner to enter the hallway and was met with a pair of red headed twats in your way.

You stood still in surprise, but not more than they. After moments of contemplation, you came to the conclusion they were only a threat if they told anyone what you were doing.

"Ok look, the tour guide was being an absolute bitch to me and I need to stand my ground here-"

"Your not going to..." "kill him?" They said nearly unanimously.

"What? Kill- no we're did you get that? I'm going to the greenhouse for mandrake root. For a pepp- wait no you don't have to know."

They looked to each other, as their shocked faces melted into smirks. "We're in."

"Wait this doesn't even concern you."

As you talked they each made their way toward you, one on each side of you.

"Well we have to make sure you live up to your promise of not murdering our dear fellow student."

"Well, we have a few exceptions but otherwise.."

"We're in" they said together.

"You said nothing as you continued to walk together.

"So what was your plan? What are you roaming around the grounds for?"

"Nothing quite as important. Just laying down down foundation for a future plan." Said one.

"Nothing important." Said the other.

You nodded suspiciously, though you had to reason to take the moral ground. You looked ahead toward the windows of the greenhouse, then a thought came to mind.

"Oh I never even got your names. I'm-"

"We know your name already, y/n Lestrange."

They stepped in front of you, stopping you in your tracks.

"He's Fred." One said pointing to the right.

"He's George." The other said pointing to the left.

"And I'm y/n! Introductions are out of the way..." you trailed off as you approached the door. "Now we can get started."

                      ___________________

The common room was larger than you would think. The stairs just to get up to the top of the tower was a challenge in of itself, but you never would have suspected the greater challenge to be finding your bed in a sea of nearly identical others.

You very carefully climbed into what you were nearly 100% was your bed, past the other one you shared the space with.

Before you could gracefully climb on tip an tuck yourself under he sheets, a soft voice spoke up.

"You've done something."

Luna was staring at you, lying on her side, safe fully tucked underneath her sheets.

"I made friends. That's all you need to know. tomorrow we can discuss it over breakfast."

"I hope they have pudding..."

"Breakfast, Luna, not dinner."