Ch. 11 - A PROMISE TO DEATH

Start from the beginning

"A Siren is a spirit that "possesses" someone the second they die. But it's not the normal type of possession like what happened to Stiles. The Siren gives you full control of your mind and body just basically acts as a protector over you and give you abilities. I-It becomes a part of you that you don't feel." She said and was ran her ran through her wet hair as she took a deep breath as her eyes slowly went glossy.

"I-I died. Jennifer killed me. It wasnt her not cutting me deep enough, she did cut me deep enough. I'm only alive because I got possessed and it healed me enough for Lydia to find me." She said as a tear fell down her face, "And I don't know why I'm crying because I should be happy that I'm breathing and walking but I just-" She said in a slightly shakey voice and Jordan quickly ran over hand grabbed her arms. "Hey, take a deep breath." He said and did exactly that before closing her eyes, "Crying is perfectly understandable. I would be more worried if you didn't cry." He said and she sighed softly and looked down at the ground for a moment before looking back up.

"I can't stop thinking about how if I didn't get possessed I would have died that night. I would have bleed out in the parking lot of the high school and the last thing I would have said to my dad and my brother was that I was gonna be home late and that I'll be fine. And the last thing I would have said to my best friend was stop being an asshole. God!" She yelled slightly, pulling away from him to start pacing again as she ran her hands through her hair in frustration.

"I would have died a twenty-four year old highschool teacher. Most people my age are out having fun or getting married or something when I haven't even gone on a date since sophomore year." She said before groaning slightly as she sat on the couch, putting her head in her hands, "I'm so fucking lame." She groaned.

"You're not lame." Jordan said, walking over to her making her look at him as he sat down next to her, "In my opinion being a twenty-four year old teacher who started teaching when you were like twenty-one or twenty-two is pretty impressive. Not only are you smart enough to start teaching highschool at a younger age than anyone else but you can teach any subjects." He said making her smile softly.

"You haven't gone on a date since you were sixteen?" He asked shocked making her groan slightly, "Apparently highschool English teacher isn't that attractive to guys who aren't in their 40s or 50s." She said with a slight shrug, looking down at her hands while Jordan raised his eyebrows.

"It is to me." He said making her head shoot up to look at him slightly shocked, "I uh- Thanks." Harlow said awkwardly before glancing at the time making her sigh. "I'm sorry for waking you up only to rant." She said making him glance at the time and shrug, "I don't mind. I would honestly prefer that you tell me that you found out you're dead even if it was four in the morning." He said and she smiled softly.

"I should probably get home. We both have work tomorrow." She said as she stood up, "You don't have to." He said making her raise her eyebrows at him. "It's pouring outside, you shouldnt drive out there. You can stay the night here and leave in the morning for work." He said and she look at him for a moment before nodding slightly, "Okay." She said making him smile at her.

"We can sit out here and talk for a little while until you're calm or when you feel better." He said and she shook her head, "It's almost one in the morning. I don't want to make you stay up any longer." She said and he shrugged slightly. "I don't mind if it means I get to talk to you longer." He said making her look at him with a small smile.

"Alright Deputy, what do you want to talk about?" She asked and he thought for a second, "What else did you learn about Sirens?" He asked and she sighed softly. "We don't sing to sailors to kill them like movies and fiction book say. Siren can control people by their voice but it only works on people attracted to women. Sirens have super healing and strength, um... Oh! I can also apparently make people feel pain with my mind. And Sirens are also kind of connected to death a bit. And our appearance doesn the whole changing thing when we use our abilities." She explained and he nodded slowly.