Chapter 13: Delmi

Start from the beginning

I sighed of relief finding no sign of fault. Suddenly the window abruptly opened with the curtain going to both side and the door opened the same time as the window.

A swirl of strong wind surrounded me as I stood in the middle, alarmed I slightly took a step back as a wall of noticeable wind block my view from my surroundings.

I didn't fully step back, afraid to somehow touch the air that seem's to be forming a wall around me.

I stood there for awhile trying to keep my cool when suddenly from behind the thick fog of air. The place I was just sleeping at earlier was slowly fading into a soft but bright white and Green, and some colors I couldn't quite identify.

The fog begone to subside moment's later as I found myself in a middle of an old styled town. Trees, small cottages and crops spread across the small place.

At first I couldn't see a sign of a single human, but later on I found a lady step out at one of the cottages wearing one of those vintage dresses and holding a basket containing a somekind of fruits.

The lady was looking the other way, not noticing me yet. She slowly turned my way finally seeing me.

She seemed to be shock as the basket fell to the grass, various kinds of fruits rolling everywhere around the fallen basket.

"Uh, hello?" I gave a small wave her way and her eyes widened as saucers.

"My goodness!" She exclaimed in surprise.

She scurried away going in the other direction, the fruits long forgotten. I watched as she entered another cottage bigger than the others, confused I just stood there dumbfounded.

I just shrugged it off and carried on my way, slowly walking looking around. wondering how I ended up to this very unfamiliar place that I somehow teleported to.

I reached a magnificent looking view on a cliff I found while wandering around not being able to identify this place.

I sat at the rock nearby and breath in air deeply. I notice a presence near me and out of instincts I jumped up and raised both my fists in the air facing the person.

It is a man, an old man with a cane looking at me like trying to process if I'm really real. Deciding to use my telepathy for once, I read his mind '....'
I furrowed my eyebrows, not hearing a single thought from the man.

"If you're trying to read my mind, you don't need to" He calmy spoke with an accent I didn't hear before. I shook that thought away for now.

Confusion crossed my face at how he know's about my telepathy "How can I trust you when you literally dodge my attempt to know?"

"Trust is very important to you, and I see that. I'm not forcing you to trust me if you feel like I'm a threat" He spoke with the same calmness earlier.

I searched any bad thing I found in him, but can clearly see nothing but the deep unreadable emotion in his eyes. I relaxed a bit but still cautious.

I stayed silent looking at him suspiciously. "Come with me" He unexpectedly said turning around before I could even register what he spoke.

"What?"

He just continued walking away, after for awhile of standing I decided to just go with him since I basically know nothing about this place and he seemed to be the person to be able to explain it to me.

I slowly walked behind him, suspiciously eyeing him from behind. We reached the cottage the lady from earlier entered. 'Guess the lady was the one who announced my arrival'