Friends and memories

Hope's POV

"Ugh!" I groaned when my books fell on the wet and muddy grass, "Stupid bullies" I muttered as I began to pick them up and stuff 'em back into my bag

Suddenly, I hear someone chuckle behind me, "Need a hand?" another voice asked after I turned around to look at the strangers.... Not really. The Hamada brothers, our next door neighbors and my best friends. More like, my only friends.

I waved a hand in dismissal, "Nope. I'm good" I replied back only to watch my books fall to the ground...again

I rolled my eyes when I can hear them trying to hold their laughter, Tadashi spoke, "You sure? I mean we can come back and help but we have tons and to-"

"Just shut up and help me already!" I exclaimed while I can feel my face flush in embarrassment

The both of them laughed and I can now hear their footsteps walking towards me.

"Whatever you say, BG" Tadashi smiled picking my math book

I rolled my eyes and tried to suppress my smile. It's kinda weird, but ever since I met one of their friends, Fred, he gave me nickname, BG. Which happens to be the shortcut for 'Boyish girl'. Tadashi and Hiro, at first they panicked because they thought I was gonna get mad but...strangely I didn't. I was actually happy that someone noticed me not as a typical damsel in distress, but a brave knight in shining armor.

"In case, if you don't know, your backpack's got a giant hole" Hiro said pointing towards the bottom of my pack

I cleared my throat when I spotted it, "... I knew that"

Hiro snorted as he reached another one of my books, "Pshh... Yeah right"

I rolled my eyes again, "Nerd" I muttered

"I'll take that as a compliment" Tadashi amusingly said handing me all of my books together with Hiro

"Thanks guys" I smiled

They smiled back, "No problem. You should probably get yourself a new bag. By the way, where's your brother?"

"He's hanging out with...Elsa again" I almost gagged when I mentioned her name. And yes, they also know what she really is

"You mean, you're alone again?" Hiro asked, his eyes showing signs of worry

I nodded sadly in response. That was when suddenly, out of the blue, Tadashi snapped....for the first time in forever (A/N: cue the song!), "That's it! You are going to have dinner with us  right this hour!"

My eyes widen in shock as Hiro nodded in agreement, "Bu-but guys!"

"No buts missy, it had already been decided!"

"No it hasn't!"

"Who cares? Besides, the gang's gonna come over" Hiro said shoving his hands into his pockets, "And...Aunt Cass is cooking wings! Come on Stal, it's just for one night!"

..............

..............

..............

"No"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually, I actually agreed. I had no choice- well, actually I did but then I knew I couldn't choose the other one or else I'll get in biiiiiiiiig trouble.

I can't help but admit, dinner was great. It was nice to see the gang again but when Tadashi actually had the guts to blurt out what had happen awhile ago... Let's just say, he earned himself a big punch on the stomach...from yours' truly.

After dinner, Tadashi dropped me off at my house and left after saying goodbye. When I went inside, I walked straight towards the kitchen and began to boil some rice. When the rice was done, I prepared a plate of it, together with two wings of chicken I stole (from Hiro) for Jack.

And here I am, walking upstairs to take a shower. Never would I miss the big collage of photos of Jack and I's amazing memories on the staircase wall. One of the pictures, I would never stop staring at. The Overland family, all in one piece. And I still remember that very day when they adopted me and when my twin and foster sister, Emma, was still alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third person's POV:

Later, that night, when Hope slept, dreams or memories (to be exact) had made their way into her mind. A slow yet fast death included,

"Emma!"

Her eyes shot open and she quickly sat up. Her eyes were red with tears, and she croaked a sob,

"I'm so sorry" she whispered, reaching for her pills