Chapter 11- Clouds In His Eyes

Gaurdian - Chapter 11- Clouds In His Eyes

                                    Aria's P.O.V.

The fireplace kept me warm as the night grew colder. The crackle from the fire was comforting to my ears, it reminded me of the times my dad and I made smores on Friday nights, when my mom was running late from work.

It was different now though. I used to be a laid back kind of girl, but now I find myself sitting in front of a guy I’ve only known for a couple of weeks, who is caring a blade in one of his hands pacing back and forth around the living room.

“Liam you have to clam down your freaking me out.” It was the truth too. It pacing back and forth gave me an unease feel to my stomach.  

“I can’t…you don’t know what this means.” He says not even glancing at me; but staring out the glass windows as if something or someone was out there.

“Then tell me so I can understand. First you make me come with you all the way over here and promise me you would answer my questions, but now you’re not even doing that.” I walk up to him grabbing his hand to stop him from pacing.

“You can trust me Liam.” I say right into his eyes. He looked deeply concerned for me and horrified at the same time. I wanted the clouds to go away so I could see the crystals again. He takes a deep breath and lets it out with a sigh.

“Alright.”

“Sit I don’t think you should be standing for this.” That took me by surprise a bit. What was going on? Was it so big that he worried that if I stood it would be dangerous? I do as he says and sit next to the fireplace again. Feeling the warmth come back to my pale skin.

“I can’t answer all of your questions, but I can tell you what you need to know.” I nod my head in agreement. Anything is better then nothing.

 “I never lied to you Aria; everything you know about me is true. I really did live in Germany for a couple of years because I had work there. So did my father. My father and mother are from the Canaries as well, but I haven’t been there since I was nine.”

“What do you mean by work?”

“It’s not the kind of job you may think of, it’s nothing you could understand.” I really hated it when people told me I couldn’t understand. Did I look stupid? No one ever gives me a chance to understand in the first place. They just go of assuming.

“What did you do? Sell drugs or something?”

“Really, Is that what you see when you look at me?” he cocks his head in amusement; made me giggle to myself. He looked to cute even when he was serious.

“You’re not really giving me anything else to go by.”

“Aria…if I tell you, you have to promise you won’t freak out. You have to understand even though I can’t give you details yet. Please can you do that for me? He kneels down to my height. His face was inches away from mine; giving me the chance to take in his scent.

“I promise.”

“I was sent here to protect you….you see you’re in danger.” My face turns upside down. I promised not to freak, but what the hell was he talking about. A normal girl like me who lived in such a small town was in danger; in so much danger that I needed protecting from some guy? He was practically my age for heavens sake.

“What are you talking about…how am I in danger.”

“That’s the thing…I don’t know. My father didn’t allow me to know.”