05

You couldn't sleep. It was already 11:25pm but you were wide awake.

"Ughh, why can't I just fall asleep!!" You sighed frustrated while rubbing your face.

Suddenly an idea popped into your mind so you sat up and got out of bed.

Your room had a balcony, and even though it seems like you could've escaped from the mansion easily, it was multiple stories high. It was the highest floor and even if you tried, you'd end up falling all the way to the ground, possibly risking your life.

But at the moment, you didn't want to leave. Instead, you stepped out onto your balcony, the cold air making you shiver.

"I wonder if I could...."

You climbed onto the rooftop by stepping on the wall, pulling yourself up with your grip on the edge.

"That was a lot easier than I expected," you clap your hands to get rid of the dirt and walk up slowly until you were at the top.
"The stars are so beautiful."

The night sky was filled with twinkling lights, your eyes shining at the sight. You were about to sit down on the roof tiles but froze in your spot when you heard a voice.

"I miss you hyung.... I really, really miss you..."

Soft sniffles came from behind you and you turn to see the silhouette of someone's back, but it was too dark for you to tell who it was.

"I wish you were here... It's my fault that you're gone... If only I wasn't so stupid. I won't let anyone else end the same way you did, I promise."

You flinch back a bit when he stood up from his spot, walking to what seems like another balcony just like yours except it was on the opposite side.

You were going to sit down again since he was almost out of your sight until a you heard him scream. Quickly looking at him, you watched as he had tripped, falling forward off of the roof.

Your breath hitched and you immediately got to your feet and ran in his direction. You couldn't let him fall. No, you wouldn't.

Barely making it in time, you reach your hand out and grab hold of his arm, pulling him with all your strength.

He stumbles back and falls on top of you due to how hard you had yanked him.

"What the..." he groans and rubs his head because of the impact.

Both of your eyes meet and time felt like it had stopped. When you got a closer look, you realized who it was.

"M-minho...." you gulped as you were underneath him, his hands beside your head and his gaze watching yours.

"It's you..." his breathing was unstable and he gets off of you without a second thought.
"What are you doing here?! Why'd you pull me!?!"

You couldn't speak. It wasn't because you were scared, but instead, your heart was beating faster and faster as the seconds passed by.

Why? What was this weird feeling? When you looked into his eyes earlier, you didn't see the cold Minho from before. You saw someone who was hurt.

He had tear stains on his cheeks and even though he had wiped them, they were still visible.

"Why are you so quiet!?! What are you even doing on the rooftop huh?!!" He yells at you, but it didn't sound harsh. It sounded like he wanted to hide his sadness with anger.

"I came up here to clear my mind. But it seems like I wasn't the only one...."

Minho bites his bottom lip and looked down. For some reason, that made you feel bad.

"Thanks..."

"Huh?" You were confused at the sudden change in his tone. It had gotten softer and it sounded more sincere than usual.

"I said thanks. You stopped me from slipping off the edge and falling. You happy?" Minho shyly says, hands in his pockets.

"O-oh, it was nothing. But, thank you too." You smile at him and he continues to look away from you.

"Don't thank me. I don't deserve it."

"Don't deserve it? I'll thank you if I want to thank you so just accept it," you gently laugh and look into the sky once again.

"Isn't it beautiful? There's so many things out there in the universe that we don't know about. From here, everything looks so small, yet it's so mesmerizing."

You had always admired the stars. They calmed you down when you were stressed or if you just wanted to get away from the world for a brief moment.

"A-achoo!!" You sneezed and watched your breath in the air.

"You're cold."

Minho sounded slightly worried, but the expressionless face made you doubt that.
"You should head inside now."

"It's fine. I want to stay out here a bit longer."

You had forgotten that you were still in your pajamas. Someone had filled your closet with clothes before you woke up the day when you first arrived here so you didn't need to wear the same thing.

Minho sighed before you felt something soft being thrown on top of you.

"Put that on or you're going to freeze."

You grabbed his hoodie and pulled it off of your head, turning to see him waiting in his t-shirt. The action had made you smile and you put it on, the fabric warming your body.

"Won't you get cold now?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'll be alright. You need it more anyway." He shrugs.

"Why are you being so nice?"

You tilt your head to the side and for a split second, you thought you saw him blush.

"I'm not always a bad guy like you think I am."

You softly giggled and looked him straight in the eyes.

"I don't think of you as a bad guy Minho. I just want you to open up to me more. I may not understand much about you or your past, but I'll try my best to get you to like me."

You smile, determined. And then you heard it. You heard him laugh. It was very quiet but it was still audible. And oddly, your heart fluttered.

Under the moon and the billions of stars, you felt like you were one step closer to getting to know who Minho really was.