CHAPTER 9- Attack

Start from the beginning

Just thinking about the way he reacted earlier at my surprise made me gasp for air. I tried to breathe in deep but it was not enough. I felt my chest tighten and gripped the fabric resting on top of it. The pain was becoming unbearable that I had to pull up on the side of the road to calm myself down. I put my car on hazard and stepped out of it to get some fresh air, trying to catch every ounce of oxygen that I can get. I lean back at the car door as I massage my chest. Tears are starting to collect, fearfully falling one by one. I opened up the door, desperately finding a spare water bottle laying around my car. I tried to drink it at a steady pace and my body starts to calm down, but my chest still tightens every time a tear falls down on my face.

I tried breathing again in sets and found the right rhythm, causing me to breathe normally again. Everything became fuzzy but I can still stand up straight. I feel a little lightheaded after my meltdown. For the record, the two years Drake and I have been together, he didn't make me feel like this and I thank the heavens for it. Then I realize that maybe the feelings I had for him aren't that strong enough. However, just thinking of Michael's presence, in general, was enough to elicit a deadly fire that needs to be put out immediately. I need to stop blowing these things out of proportion. You barely know the guy so stop acting like you do.

Someone's screaming my name from a distance. I don't know if I'm just hallucinating. I tried to scan around but everything became fuzzy and disoriented. I closed my eyes to try and collect some vision. When I opened them again, I saw Michael rushing my way with Bill trailing him behind.

"Mia! Mia, are you okay?" Michael asked as he holds my right shoulder. I just looked at him as he searches my eyes for answers

"Ms. Johnson, are you alright?" Bill followed asking. I turned to him and nodded.

"I'm fine you guys, just had a minor asthma attack that's all" I lied.

"Do you have medications with you?" Michael asked as I returned to his gaze.

"I already took it. I'm fine really, don't worry about me" I said, trying to sound convincing. I'm totally fine.

"Good thing Michael was paying attention to his surroundings. He made me halt when he saw you having a meltdown" Bill said.

"You're not going to drive if you're like this. Steven will drive your car to the hotel" Michael said in a stern but concerning voice.

"Hotel? What? I'm perfectly fine driving myself home Mr. Jackson" I argued.

"Ms. Johnson, you're obviously not in good shape to even stand straight" Bill pointed out and got a knowing look from Michael.

"I'm staying at a hotel tonight together with the rest of my tour crew. You can go home tomorrow morning if you're already feeling fine. But I will not let you go and drive yourself home like this," Michael scolded. I sighed as I face defeat because these two won't budge.

"Okay fine, but I'll still be riding in my car," I said.

"No, you're staying with me in my car. Bill and I need to look out for you"

"Mr. Jackson, I already told you that I'm okay. Maybe I just need rest, and I'll probably sleep for the rest of the car ride." I explained.

"Then you can do that in my car, Ms. Stubborn" I sneered when I heard the nickname I used for him. This is going way over South.

"You both won't just let this go huh?" Then they both just shrugged. "Okay fine I'll go," I said. I gave the keys to my car to Steven and he already occupied the driver's seat. We jogged back to Michael's car to avoid the lurking eyes of bystanders and loaded the car quickly.