brothers

"What happened?" Mashiho asked him, snuggled up against his chest, fingers fiddling with his own. It had taken an awful amount of time and effort to convince the overprotective staff who were all so obsessed with taking care of him. Even after he came home holding Mashiho's hand for them to see, they were still pulled away from each other and he was forced to sit down for a session of unreasonable questioning from the overly concerned head maid.

Junkyu smiled, running his fingers through the other's hair. "I'm supposed to run the business now," he answered. "But Dad's friend is taking care of it now. I'm still not ready."

"Is that alright?"

"Of course not," he mumbled. "If I take too long, people will find a way to stop me from taking over. I need to hurry."

"Don't push yourself too hard, Kyu. It's gonna be alright."

Junkyu chuckled. Mashiho was still so considerate--- even though he hadn't heard what he really wanted to, he wasn't pushing it. He wanted Junkyu to tell him on his own accord, and that made the Korean feel warm.

"Come with me."

Mashiho stilled. "What?"

"Next Monday," Junkyu elaborated. "It's dad's death anniversary. I want you to come with me."

Want.

He didn't need him. He wanted him. Mashiho liked the sound of that. He could go without him, but he wouldn't. Because he didn't want that.

That was everything Mashiho needed to hear for him to agree.

"I will," he said, because he would. "But, I have a condition."

Junkyu's brow creased, curious and in truth a little bit astonished. The other was never one to ask for something in return. It was a curious little thing for him to have a condition.

"What is it?"

"Friday next week is my mom's birthday. You're coming with me to meet her."

It came as a surprise.

While both of them weren't ones to talk about their families, Mashiho had always been particularly cautious about it. If anything, he hated talking about family. Junkyu knew this and never once thought of pressing, so it was confounding that he would want him to meet his mother.

"In Japan?" Junkyu asked.

"Yup," the other replied. "Ah, but you'll probably run into my brothers somewhere. I told her to go live at her own house so we won't have to deal with annoyances, but she's stubbornly staying in dad's instead. I think they fought, so she's trying to annoy him."

He couldn't help but laugh at the way Mashiho said it, but truth be told, the whole ordeal was confusing. Which wife would prance around her husband's house to piss him off because they had argument? And why would a husband even get mad at his wife for living st his house? Moreover, it seemed that Mashiho still hated his brothers with passion. He hadn't exactly told Junkyu why, so the latter felt incredibly confused. Still, he laughed. There was just something about the nonchalance and exasperation in his boyfriend's voice that made it so.

"Ah, that's right!" Mashiho yelled out, as if realizing something. "You don't know my brothers yet. I completely forgot I haven't told you."

"It's alright," Junkyu replied. "You can just introduce me next week."

"No!" the smaller was quick to turn around and face him, eyes blazing with determination even a comic book character would be envious of. He grabbed both of Junkyu's hands, holding them tightly, and in all seriousness let these words out of his mouth: "You have to learn about them beforehand. Or else they're going to throw a tantrum and torment you for not knowing who they are."