Fifteen

If last night was a nightmare, this was a full on sleep paralysis demon.

To be fair, the day started off alright. The four of them ate a breakfast that Wooyoung cooked happily, chatting like they normally do. But then they all got ready to leave, and things got weirder from there.

For one, Hongjoong tried to force both Wooyoung and Yunho to take off all vampire related accessories. Which meant Wooyoung's precious locket and Yunho's engagement ring. What followed was a rather frustrating argument where none of them were willing to relent. In the end Seonghwa had to step in, saying their friends wouldn't know what Wooyoung and Yunho's prized possessions meant anyway.

Then Hongjoong warned both boys not the even vaguely mention the vampires.

This one actually made sense. For if any of Chris' impromptu family found out about them, Yunho and Wooyoung's loved ones would likely be hunted.

Then finally they were off. Wooyoung dressed in one of San's jumpers and jeans, needing the extra comfort in order to deal with a whole group of vampire hunters. And Yunho clearly had the same idea, a huge trenchcoat shrouding his form that Wooyoung had seen Mingi wearing a week prior. As well as a turtleneck, to hide the abundance of bite marks.

"It's been so long!" Felix rushed over to them, tackling Yunho and Wooyoung in a hug. Felix had always been such a bright boy, no matter what happened. They then went around greeting everyone, eventually making their way to a large table at the caffe Hongjoong had chosen.

It was well out of town, so no vampires.

It was a strange sight for Wooyoung. Especially after living in the "peaceful zone" for so long.

"So what's it like living with those filthy leeches?" Seongmin asked as some sort of ice breaker.

"Yeah... it sucks... ha, get it?" Yunho fumbled, fiddling with his ring due to his nerves. He was seated next to Hyunjin and Wooyoung. Which was slightly awkward.

Just like Changbin sitting next to Wooyoung. (Yes I know Changbin was in the flashback, he's here too.)

Because all that went through Wooyoung's mind was how he'd confessed to Changbin just before moving away.

The concept of liking anyone but San was now incredibly strange for Wooyoung. Because his heart had always belonged to San, he knew deep down from the moment they locked eyes.

Yet here he was, silently wishing for a miracle.

"You're looking good Wooyoung. Really good." Changbin emphasized, making Wooyoung flush. But not an 'aw that's cute' blush, it was more of an 'oh God this is awkward now' blush.

"Yeah, new diet." Wooyoung lied hastily, not missing the amused expression he received from Yunho. Nor did he miss the sad expression on Felix's face. In actuality, Wooyoung's more otherworldly appearance was due to being San's fledgling. A fact he couldn't exactly share with the table, lest he wanted the love of his life to be hunted.

"Well either way you look incredible." Changbin went to rest his hand on top of Wooyoung's, but Wooyoung quickly went to take a sip of his drink and avoid an awful situation.

A quick glance at Yunho spoke to just how terribly he was also doing.

Because, as he took a bite of his chocolate cake, Hyunjin caught sight of the engagement ring.

Hyunjin grabbed Yunho's hand gently, a small pout on his lips. "I thought you were gonna marry me when we were older, remember?"

Yunho stared, wide-eyed.