𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞..

A/N: Hello all! I hope you enjoy this book

A/N: Hello all! I hope you enjoy this book. Please comment with any suggestions you might have. I appreciate them a lot! I love you all. Enjoy!

"Miss Saidi? Miss? Are you there!"

I sat up in the black office chair that sat behind the wooden desk in front of me. My assistant, James was in front of me, tapping the desk with his pen that he seemed to take everywhere with him in his shirt pocket. I tend to notice small things like this, such as how somebody's favorite coffee might change every day. Or maybe how a person might wear different shoes every day even though they most definitely can not afford it. I'm starting to think that people notice when I do this, I usually drift off like I'm daydreaming. I've always been like this since I was 5.

I focused my gaze back up to James. "Yes James, What do you need?" I asked. "The company sent you a fax." He responded. "T-the company, like the actual company?" I quickly blurted out in panic. " Just, Just read it." My heart dropped into my chest as I grabbed the fax and scanned over it. It said that they were sending me on a month-long business trip to complete some out of field work. I smiled and started to slowly build back up my calmness. Till I read the next paragraph.

"The field work will be placed in New York City, New York."

"NEW YORK!?" I screamed out inside my head. I hate New york. I lived there for a bit when my dad worked between jobs a lot. I hated that terrible litter filled city. Sure the tourist attractions are cool and pretty but god are the regular cites terrible. They all smell like gasoline from the constant traffic all around in every. single. block. And don't even get me started on the people. Oh god there the worst especially in the gentrified areas. They all act like they're better than you because all of their dads are filthy rich and stand on the shoulders of the people below them.

"Thank you, James now can you please leave so I can have some privacy for one moment," I responded cooling down a bit so I can release all my anger when he leaves. "Of course Miss, Are you okay? You looked a bit... Heated." I looked at him in a scowl that said 'Leave before I get you fired'. He quickly scurried out of the room. As soon as he closed that door I let out a long sigh that I had been holding in for way too long.

  "I hate it here."