Planning

"I think we should get married the week after graduation." Sirius told me shrugging.

"WHEN!?" We all yelled in unison.

"You do realize that's like almost two months away right?" Lily reminded him.

"I know that. But think about it, we have a war to worry about and with us being in the Order the wedding will be getting postponed a lot. If we do it right after we leave school, we won't have a lot of Order responsibilities yet and we might actually be able to enjoy it." Sirius pointed out and looked at me. "But that's only if you agree with me, sunshine."

"He's got a point, Lils. If we do it early, none of us will have to worry about deatheaters crashing the wedding." I shrugged.

"And it will give us a head start in starting our lives together." Sirius smiled and kissed my forehead.

"But there's still so much to plan! Like you don't have a dress, the reception, the invites. We don't have any of that!" Marlene said.

"Well, if we all divide the work, we could have a wedding completely planned by the time we graduate. And the dress, Didi could either wear Mum's dress or have one altered in about a week or so." James shrugged.

"Besides, my dress for the Yule Ball was originally going to be white so I can have that one altered in about a week."

"And the reception?" Alice asked me.

"The backyard of the Manor. I don't want anything big, Alice. Just some close friends and family. And no bridesmaids or groomsmen, just the best man and maid of honor." I said and Sirius agreed with me.

"The smaller, the better. We don't want to be drawing a lot of attention to ourselves." Sirius said.

"And invitations?" Remus asked us.

"Well it's obvious that you all will be going. We invited Hagrid too. We could have the Weasleys and their children there, Minnie is obviously coming even if we have to drag her out of this school. Anyone else?" Sirius asked me and I shrugged.

"Maybe we could have Dumbledore there along with a couple of other members of the Order there?"

"Minnie dancing with Dumbledore. I have to see this." Peter said making us all laugh.

"Then it's settled. We all divide the work and before we graduate, we have will a wedding planned." James smiled and leaned back. "Stop looking so unsure, Lily. We all have a plan."

"It's when things don't go as planned that concerns me." Lily said still unsure.

"Then that's when the Marauders are their best. We've learned to improvise a lot and things usually go our way. We can handle it." Remus said. "So calm down."

"Lily, please. I can't do this without my maid of  honor by my side." I smirked when she finally caved in.

"Fine! You're just lucky that you're my sister, Jade." Lily huffed but smiled anyways. "Besides, I would love to see how the Marauders plan a wedding."

"With adrenaline and a lot of sass, Evans."

...

"So we need something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. Any ideas?" Lily asked holding a list.

"Something old the tiara I wore for the ball. Something new, the necklace James got me. Something borrowed, I have no fucking idea and something blue?"

"I have a blue bracelet that you could borrow. That way we can cross two things off the list." Lily shrugged and I nodded in agreement.

"That could work. Thanks Lils." I smiled.