Preparations

"Lils take the firewhiskey and hide it. Prongs, get some more same with the butterbeer." I said crossing off everything in my list. "How are we getting cake? We can't have a party without cake!"

"Vixen, why the hell are we getting so much booze? We don't want to die from alcohol poisoning." Peter laughed and started to put up some decorations.

"Maybe you don't want to die, but I'm already dead inside so the alcohol won't do shit." I shrugged.

"SAME!" Remus yelled from across the room.

"MOONY NO!" James and I yelled.

"Why are we having the party here again? And why are we decorating now?" Marlene yelled.

"Because if we do it in your common room, Minnie will kill us. If we do it at my common room, Slughorn will kill me. And we're doing this now because I have three boxes coming through the fireplace tonight courtesy of Mum and Dad. Now, less yapping and more decorating. And Prongs, WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE!?"

"BECAUSE I'M NOT DEAD YET!" James yelled back at me. I put down my list and started to walk towards him but Lily and Alice held me back.

"Don't kill your brother yet. He's still useful." Lily said pulling me back.

"I still don't see any butterbeer, Prongs. Now move your fat ass over to Hogsmeade and get me more butterbeer." James finally left the hideout and I sighed sitting down and rubbing my temples. Lily sat down next to me and played with my hair.

"You okay?" I shook my head. "Want to go outside and talk about it?" I nodded. Lily stood up and handed the list to Frank. "She needs a break. You're in charge. When we come back, I better see some improvement here."

Frank nodded and started barking orders at everyone. Lily took me outside and I immediately sat on the floor and cried.

"I honestly don't know why I'm crying, Lils." I laughed and wiped my tears.

"Because you're stressing out, Jade." Lily sat in front of me and held my hands. "Just calm down, the party will turn out great and Sirius will love it."

"I know, but I want it to turn out perfect. After everything he's been through, he deserves it."

"I know, he told me everything not too long ago. Surprisingly, we get along just fine." Lily chuckled and made me stand up. "Why don't you take a walk and get away from all this? I'll take care of it, I promise."

I nodded and gave Lily a hug.

"You're the best, Lils. I don't know what I would do without you being my sister."

"We'd probably crash and burn." We both laughed. "Now go on that walk and don't come back until you're more calm."

"Fine. See you later, Lils."

"Bye, Jade."

...

I was sitting by the Black Lake finally managing to calm myself down until a black dog nudged my side.

"Snuffles, what are you doing? Shouldn't you be with Wood or something?" I wiped my tears and looked at him. Sirius tilted his head and barked at me and licked my face. "Yes, I'm fine. It's just my allergies."

Sirius gave me a look and I sighed.

"I'm serious, Snuffles! I'm okay, trust me." I scratched his ear and hugged him. "Can you change back? I miss your face."

I felt two arms embrace me and the familiar scent of pine.

"Tell me what's wrong." Sirius kissed my head. "And don't say it's nothing because I barely see you cry."