[Part E] 8. Heard love.

Start from the beginning

Yeosang turned around to the voice of his best friend and gave him a look only the other could understand. "Took you two long enough,"

"Yeah, weren't you like mad or something?" San said remembering what happened just hours ago.

When the pair got close enough, Yunho was quick to realise how they apologised, finding some red marks on Seonghwa's neck and Hongjoong's open chest. "I think we don't have to worry about them being mad at each other," he said playfully, looking directly to their marks and raising his eyebrows.

Maybe putting on an open button-up wasn't a good idea Kim Hongjoong, he thought to himself, quickly buttoning up his shirt until it covered his chest.
Seonghwa just looked to the side and covered his neck with his hand.

"Let's just go inside," Hongjoong brushed it off and everyone followed his orders. Somehow, if you get to think about it, he is the reason the 8 of them were there tonight.

If Hongjoong hadn't applied to this University after being fed up of his old lifestyle; if he hadn't bumped into Seonghwa; if he hadn't fought with San; if he didn't follow them into the coffee where he then met Jongho again; if he had told them about his birthday and the surprise party hadn't happened... He glued them together in a way. Thanks to him Mingi joined Wooyoung's movie nights, Yunho and San went dancing practice again and Jongho found himself playing games with Yeosang non-stop.

But, what could have Hongjoong done without them? What would be of him if they weren't there at the exact moment?
When he was being a disaster, Yeosang built him up. When he needed a friend, Jongho appeared out of nowhere. When he needed someone to talk to, Yunho was there to listen. When he was feeling down, Wooyoung ways made him laugh. When he was lost, Mingi guided him. Man, even when he needed to fight someone, San was ready to kick his ass with some taekwondo moves.
They were there when no one else was, at his birthday; at New Year; when his father died...

And Seonghwa, his best friend, his lover, his soulmate—he didn't believe in those things but saying it about Seonghwa made so much sense. He looked at everyone seating on the table, food already arriving. He was thankful. There aren't enough words to express how thankful he is, so in that exact moment, he made a promise to himself.

I will make you guys just as happy as you make me, I'll be there, for each one of you. When you think it hurts, when you think living isn't worth anymore, please let me hug you like you guys hugged me. Sometimes it's all it takes to make the pain go away. I'll keep you here, I promise.

"H-Hongjoong, are you okay?" Wooyoung said worried, a tear escaped his eyes without him realising it. He hadn't touched the plate of food, he was too concentrated admiring his friends.

He quickly dried the tear from his cheek when all of them turned to him, "I-I'm fine, it's just... You guys are my best friends," he smiled. The biggest smile they had ever seen from him, just like the sun rays.
"I don't usually say this type of cringe stuff but, I'm thankful for our friendship,"

"AWWWWW HYUNG WE LOVE YOU TOO—" Wooyoung shouted before Yeosang slapped him at the back of his head to calm him down.

"Don't be. fucking. rude." Yeosang said comically.

"Where is the bathroom I think it's the first time k say him say something like this I may cry," Yunho joked taking a napkin and fake crying. San laughed at him with his unique tone.