𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 3࿐⋆new teachers and tea leaves⋆

Start from the beginning

He pointed at the teachers table and I nodded frantically, telling him that I was thinking the same thing.

"But- how?" he mouthed at me.

"I don't know!"

"Is everything alright, Y/N?" Harry frowned at me.

"I- yeah," I breathed. "I- I am okay."

It's probably nothing. It's not what I think. It can't be.

I didn't exactly pay attention to the rest of the speech, only one thought seemed to be running through my mind.

I need to talk to Professor Lupin.

────⍣☆☾☼✧☼☽☆⍣────

✰𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 ℙ𝕆𝕍✰

When Harry, Y/N, Ron, and Hermione entered the Great Hall for breakfast the next day, the first thing they saw was Draco Malfoy, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story.

As they passed, Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter.

"Ignore him," said Hermione. "Just ignore him, it's not worth it... "

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl with a face like a pug. "Potter! The dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooooo!"

"Hey, Parkinson!" yelled Y/N. "Here's an idea, how about you get Harry's name out of your foul mouth and go back to licking Malfoy's shoes?"

"You bitc-"

Parkinson stood up from her seat but Malfoy immediately pulled her back down and glared at Y/N.

"Yeah?" Y/N shouted. "Finish the sentence, Parkinson, I dare you."

She started walking towards the Slytherin table. Harry, sensing her anger, quickly took her hand and pulled her towards the Gryffindor table.

"Harry- Harry let me go- I need to-"

"I don't want you to get detention on your first day," He told her softly.

"Do I look like I care?"

But as Harry continued to give her the puppy eyes, she finally stopped struggling against his grip and mentally made a note to dislocate Pansy's jaw later.

Harry dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table, next to George Weasley with Y/N next to him.

"Hey little lion, new third-year course schedules," said George, passing them over. "What's up with you, Harry?"

"Malfoy," said Ron, sitting down on George's other side and glaring over at the Slytherin table.

George looked up in time to see Malfoy pretending to faint with terror again.

"I am just gonna-"

Y/N started to get up but Harry pulled her back down and gave her a pleading look.

"That little git," George said calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the dementors were down at our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," said Fred, with a contemptuous glance at Malfoy.

Y/N's face immediately lit up and Harry knew she was definitely thinking about how she could use that the next time he messes with them.

"Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match," said Fred. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?"