Chapter 25

Songs for the chapter : Someone like you by Adele

Savior by lggy Azalea & Quavo.

* * * *

It’s so nice to go to sleep at a normal hour, instead of spend the night fighting the sleep so he doesn't get nightmares or to indulging himself in work, so he doesn't have to think about his dysfunctional family, but now he can rest his body more than it’s had in years.

The best thing, however, and the most calm inducing, is the woman he gets to sleep next to.

She’s smart and funny and keeps him on his toes in the best possible way. She’s beautiful and sweet and even though it’s been three months since they have been living together, he still can't believe he gets to call himself her boyfriend.

Sleepily, she snuggles closer, her small head fitting into the nook of his shoulder like the puzzle piece he never knew was missing. He savors the feel of those gentle, swollen lips pressing against his collarbone. He treasures every expanse and contraction of her chest pushing against the planes of his skin, every flutter of air tickling him a singular gift.

When the alarm beeps, she groans, and he quickly pecks her forehead  before reaching over her to shut the buzzer off. 

"Five more mints…" she mumbles against his skin, fidgeting closer still, seemingly trying to mold her petite body to his completely. 

"Shehnaaz, that’s what you said five minutes ago" he whispers.

He gently trails kisses across her face, she cracks one eye open and smiles up at him. Then he captures her lips in a deep kiss, the morning light seeps in through the open drapes to dance temptingly through her messy redish-brown curls and over the soft slope of her bare shoulder, uncovered by his shirt, Shehnaaz doesn't were her pajamas to bed anymore, she likes his shirts, they are comfy and smells like him.

"Hmm good morning." Sidharth tells her softly, reaching up to run his hand through her hair with a smile. Shehnaaz’s smile grows into a grin and she leans back into his hand for a moment with a gentle groan as Sidharth gently massages the back of her head.

"Morning." She whispers softly, bending her head to press a kiss right over his heart as her eyes lock onto his. "You should always be drowned in sunlight."

She licks her lips as she gawk at his naked tan chest, glowing like honey dripping from a hive.

Yum.

"Oh really?" Sidharth counters amusedly, raising an eyebrow. The feeling is certainly mutual; he loves the sight of Shehnaaz at all times but early in the morning is a particular favourite of his just because of how adorable her sleep filled demeanour can be.