"Sorry, if it's a mess, they've been trashing the place ever since he's in charge."

"Where's Koda in all of this?"

"He's too scared to face him, so until things have gone down a bit, he decided to work more at the aquarium."

My eyes widen at the sight that I'm seeing. The room was a complete mess. What have they been doing all this time? My eyes darted over to the merman. My feet moved on it's own. I knew I've wanted to see a merman, but not like this.

A loud crash was heard over, and it was two of the workers playing around. Behind them I see the person truly responsible for this. "Well, I have to say it was another successful day of research." I clenched my fist and walked over to him and swatted the clipboard out of his hands. "Todoroki! What a nice surprise!"

"You can cut the act already! What the hell is all of this?"

"It's research, and you're not supposed to be checking on us until the afternoon."

"May I remind you who's in charge while my father is away?" I glanced back at the merman in the tank. "More importantly, he looks so pale. What've you been doing?"

"Sorry, I can't help it! Just having the merman's blood sounded so amazing~! I just had to have it!" The blonde girl cheerfully twirled with a needle shot in her hand.

"If you keep doing that, he's going to die! What've you guys been feeding him, I could barely see his rib cage!"

"That's its own fault. We've been feeding it fish, but it keeps making stupid demands about omelets."

"He's not an 'it'! Is this how you've been treating him?! Just wait until I tell my father about this!"

Shigaraki grinned at what I just said, "Be my guest, but who is he going to believe? A snitch or his loyal assistant. Without me, who's gonna carry his research." He stated as he was about to head out, the rest of the group got up and followed him out.

"Oh I see now, this isn't just enough for you, is it? The satisfaction of firing Bakugo is not enough. Have you come to a realization that you're a sadist!?"

He stopped in his tracks and turned his head to me. "You're just an astronomer. If I prove how much of a good job I have done while he's away, while he's off stealing all the credit. I may even expose the truth behind your family. You wouldn't want that now would you?"

...

...

...

"That's what I thought. Why don't you run along now and find out what my horoscope is." He cockily said and left the lab. I heard footsteps behind and stuttering words.

"Just go home. You've done enough for today."

"No, it's not just that. I heard something over the phone with Tomura about a buyer..."

"Buyer? What're you talking about?"

"... Tomura has a buyer coming in on Friday and offered him money. I don't know how much money, but he's gonna come by and stuff him!" Tsu exclaimed.

"Go. Just go... I need to be alone right now," I said as I watched her leave the lab. The beeping on the monitors is all I can hear right now.

I walked back to the tank to where the merman was. I can't believe they've been doing this to him for the past two weeks. I put my hand on the glass and I could see him slowly put where his hand is. He looked at me sympathetically and moved his hand away from the glass. He reached for his necklace and opened it up.