Chapter 3

Hiccup's pov

"What are you doing?" Astrid asked me. I was trying to get on Toothless as he was running away from me.

"Tryna get on my bud." I said, pretending like it was funny. "What about you?" I asked Astrid.

"Tryna figure out when you're gonna notice that I need help mounting my dragon." She flashed me a sarcastic smile. I sighed. I walked over to Stormfly and made sure she could see me. I didn't make any sudden movements, because I didn't want to scare her.

"You put one leg here," I pointed to a part if the saddle. "And pull yourself up and around, to plant your buttox here." I pointed to the seat of the saddle. She nodded and tried to get on but Stormfly whipped her head around, not being comfortable with Astrid getting on her just yet.

Tothless's pov

Meeting Stormfly was awesome. She is super playful, like me, and loves to chase me and let me chase her. We love to fly together, play together, eat together, and pretty much everything else. She thinks that my tail (the mechanical part) is really neat. She said that it was brave of me to trust a human. I told her to give Astrid some time.

"What if she kills me?" Stormfly asked, anxiously. I shook my head and took to the sky. I showed her Astrid holding a terrible terror and being very gentile with him. He came up to where we were hovering and said that Astrid is a good human.

"There are good humans, like Hiccup and Astrid, and there are bad humans, like Hiccup's father. He says that his village believes that dragons are the bad guys." I said reassuringly to her. Stormfly looked at me. I looked at her. We landed on the beach, not too far from Hiccup.

A day earlier (Hiccup's pov)

"I'm DONE!" I yelled excitedly to Toothless. I was really exited that I finished it today! I thought it would take a week more. I showed Astrid and she loved it.

"It looks great. I can't believe you made that out of only these materials that are on the island. Also, we really need to name this island." Astrid said with happiness and thoughtfulness. I nodded in agreement.

I stared at my work. It was a new saddle and tail for Toothless. It works like this: there are four settings. One for resting, one for soaring or flying high, one for flying close to the water or ground, and one for self-flying. The saddle is connected to the tail, so that when I move the footrest, it changes the setting for the tail.

Stormfly's pov (The day after the talk with Toothless)

Guess I can trust Astrid and Hiccup. Toothless seems to trust them so maybe I'll give them a shot. If they lose my trust in any way, I can just leave. It might take a while to trust them completely, but for now, they're fine with me.