Chapter 2

Hiccup's pov

We got up, ate and flew further from berk. We got about 15 hours further today.

The next day (Astrid's pov)

We found the perfect island to live on today! It is about 26 hours away from berk on a dragon. The island has a bunch of deadly nadders and some monstrous nightmares. Only a few Groncles and terrible terrors.

Tomorrow Hiccup, Toothless, and I are going to look for a dragon for me to befriend and ride.

The next day (Still Astrid's pov)

We toured the island a little bit today. We saw the whole thing and it's pretty nice. Right now we are looking for a dragon that suits me.

Hiccup's pov

We are looking for Astrid's first dragon now. I think she would go well with a deadly nadder. Also there are more nadders than anything on this island so, they're easier to find.

"There is one" I point out a dragon with mostly read and black scales. She disapproves. I show her three titan wings. She didnt want any of those. I finally come to a tiny adult nadder with blue and green scattered scales.

"That's the one." She said, staring at it, glossy-eyed. We slowly make sure the nadder is comfortable with us coming to it and make our way to the Nader's face. Astrid holds out a shaky hand and turns her head away. The nadder rubs Astrid's hand affectionately.

Astrid gets used to walking with her nadder. She gets used to talking to her. Astrid also names her Stormfly. Stormfly is very small for her age, but big and strong nonetheless.

Toothless and Stormfly seem to get on very well. I was worried that Toothless would be mad or jealous or something. I'm glad he's not. Today was a big day and now we need to rest.