Part 1: Chapter 10; A Challenge

Start from the beginning

The raven-haired girl's limit had reached, and she was almost fuming from her rage as she yanked her needle blade out from behind her haori, almost cracking the handle with how hard she was gripping it.

"Let me tell you something, Miss Shinobu,"

....shut up.....

"Anger is the most powerful ability granted to humans by the gods, it allows you to achieve things you could never, ever do with a normal mindset,"

.....just shut your mouth......

"Anger, rage, and hatred are the emotions that can make you humans the most focused you could ever possibly be, Miss Shinobu. There's a preconceived notion that anger is simply a blind emotion that turns you into a mindless idiot who thrashes about like a berserker, but in the right hands, it's the exact opposite. It allows you to be concentrated on one thing, and one thing only. Everything else no longer matters when you're angry, it's only you, and what has made you angry. Imagine all the things you could do when pain, emotion, friends and family- hell, even the outside world, no longer matter to you,"

.....don't think you get to lecture me on what it means to be angry, you piece of shit....

Sephir leaned into Shinobu's ear, and whispered,

"All that anger, all that power, all that potential destruction.....and it's being wasted on the likes of you~"

.......all this anger you speak of.....

.......all this hatred I feel......

.......all of this is caused by demons....

.....DEMONS-

"JUST LIKE YOU!!"

Shinobu screamed at the top of her lungs as she pulled her arm back and threw her blade like a lance, piercing the scorpion atop the countertop through its stomach and sending it flying into the wall, the insect screeching a blood-curdling scream as it withered and burned away from the Insect Hashira's poison.

Sephir could only manage to break out into one last chuckle as he faded away, melting like ink and sinking through the floor as his Blood Demon Art was ended.

The raven-haired girl, down on her knees and panting, was left alone in the middle of an empty, trashed cafe, her needle blade stuck in the wall behind a bar countertop.

She needed to vent. Sakusa, Sephir, the Seraphim, it was all growing too much for her to handle.

Over the course of the next hour, she destroyed the cafe, throwing chairs, smashing bottles, ripping lights right off their fixtures in her fit of blind rage. The place became an utter mess, but Shinobu excused her actions by compromising with herself that the owners were most likely bludgeoned to death by Sephir along with the dozens of others in the bar at the time of her entrance.

Even still, it wasn't her brightest moment.

However, she still had two questions on her mind the entire time, two questions which spurred on her anger.

Why did everyone think it was acceptable to insult, degrade, and defile the name of her sister, mocking her death and her honor by spitting such disgusting things about her?

Sakusa and Sephir have pissed her off more than enough times for Shinobu to want to jam her blade through their necks, and yet, they still find it acceptable to joke about Kanae's death in such a nonchalant way.

The second question, the one which confused her the most though, was-

"HOW THE HELL DOES BEING ANGRY MAKE YOU STRONGER?! THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY GODDAMN SENSE!"