𝟙𝟚 | ℝ𝔸𝕍𝔼ℕℂ𝕃𝔸𝕎

Until the beginning of the term, the only people Jane dared to be around were Hermione and Ron, but definitely not at the same time, her father, Lee and George. She worked wonders at avoiding Harry and Fred, and instead hung around the library and sometimes she'd just stare out of windows, hoping to see a black dog run down to the Whomping Willow. Remus was surprised, to say the least, at the sudden recovery of Jane's wand, and Jane once had to get him away from Hagrid, when he was about to bring up, how he found Jane tied up outside of his hut.

By the time of their first Patronus lesson, the tension between Harry and Jane could've been cut with a knife. Conjuring a Patronus wasn't hard for Jane. Her wand's dragon heart-string core was once again coming in very handy, and she'd been picking out her favourite memories to use for the charm for days. There was that time her father took her to the Leaky Cauldron during Quidditch season to watch the Magpies game; she'd always remember that overwhelming feeling when the entire crowd started cheering at the Magpie's win with her in the middle, chanting just as loudly.

Then there was the beginning of the year when she and Harry flew Buckbeak and she was completely drugged up on Euphoria. That memory had a bittersweet feeling to it, after everything going on with the Malfoys, but it still worked perfectly. She also imagined sitting in the ministry, Sirius Black next to her and Ron's rat being revealed to be Peter Pettigrew. Remus would fall in Sirius' arms and they'd become the happy family they were meant to be. Harry would forgive Jane for lying to him and they'd all move into a bigger house together, with Harry far away from the Dursleys and Sirius would teach them how to drive that car, Jane currently held the keys to. She found that thought to work the best for the Patronus, even though it was hardly anything but very wishful thinking.

Maybe she could even add the proud face of her father onto the list when she conjured a Patronus with her very first try. It wasn't corporal, as he called it, it wasn't even strong enough to properly keep the Boggart at bay, but it still got her very excited. Harry himself only took three tries himself, until he could produce a Patronus, and Remus was very satisfied with him as well.

"You know there's differences between you and him, right?" he asked, once Harry left the room.

"Of course." said Jane "He did great."

"You won't gloat?"

"Are you insane? I know why I did better than him, this time. I wouldn't stand a chance against real Dementors. They just affect him more than me, but the real ones are fully trying to kill me."

"I'm glad you understand that." he nodded "But I'm still very proud. A third-year producing a Patronus at the very first try, it's astounding."

"Was Sirius Black a powerful wizard?" she asked curiously, wondering whether or not her genetics theory still held ground.

"He was brilliant... also had a dragon heart-string core- yes he is very powerful. But you can give yourself some credit Jane. Magical abilities can't be inherited."

"Wait, really?"

"Lily was powerful as well, and she was muggleborn. So was your mother. Then there's Filch, he's got, magical parents-"

"But he's a squib." sighed Jane. So much for genetics.

He looked a little concerned "Are you and Harry okay?"

"How could we be?" sighed Jane "He's the only one who knows... about the whole Black thing. He doesn't trust me very much at the moment."

"Jane... maybe it wasn't smart to tell him."

"I don't care. He's Harry." she felt bad enough for betraying him, she didn't want to keep something that big from him, even if it put their friendship on hold "We'll get through this... I hope."