'We thought you were going to kill us'

Começar do início

"Wait!" Flo paused. She would recognise that voice anyway. Flo had stopped hitting one of the boys whereas Lucy was still wacking the other really hard in the same place over and over again. "Lucy, stop. LUCY!" Flo held her friend back, Lucy was out of breath. The girls looked at the two identical teenage boys laying on the floor. Lucy looked at Flo.

"Why did you stop me! I was on a roll!" Flo gestured to the twins laying there, Lucy looked. "Oh shit. You don't look like murders." Lucy concluded.

"Well we hope not." The one with the hat said, starting to get up.

"Oh I know you!" Lucy exclaimed, the boy with the hat helping the other boy. "You're Max and Harvey!"

"Indeed we are. Nice to erm... meet you." Max said, looking at the umbrella in Lucy's hand.

"Self defence." Lucy shrugged, "we thought you were going to kill us." She laughed. Flo looked at the ground, embarrassment taking over, the boys just chuckled.

"Well we're not. Harvey's too soft for that."

"Am not!" The girls giggled at their little argument, the boys turning towards them once they had finished. "And you are..."

"Flo, and this is Lucy." Flo introduced.

"Howdy." Lucy greeted in a funny accent.

"Hi." The twins said at the same time. A moment of awkward silence passed until Flo spoke up.

"What are you boys doing here anyway? Aren't you guys famous or something."

"We were on our way back from Manchester when our car broke down on the side of the road. It was tipping it down when Harvey saw some light coming through the trees. We trekked through the woods until we found the source of light, that of course being this cabin. No one answered when we knocked so we decided to just walk in. We weren't expecting two girls to come out of nowhere and hit us with a bat and an... umbrella." Max explained. The boys were soaking wet and slightly shivering, Flo suggested on them showering and getting dry. They had brought their backpacks with them from the car so they had some spare clothes to change into. Everyone was now downstairs on the sofa eating what Lucy brought, luckily there was enough for all of them. Flo noticed that Harvey winced in pain when he made certain movements.

"Are you okay?" She asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. The umbrella just got me a bit." Harvey laughed it off, Flo wasn't buying it though.

"Come on, there's gotta be a first aid kit around here somewhere." She said, taking Harvey by the hand up the flight of stairs. "It should be around here somewhere..." Flo's voice was muffled, half her body in the cabinet half not. Flo had taken Harvey upstairs, looking through the cabinet.

"You know there's really no nee-"

"Got it!" Harvey sighed as he let her get on with it. She started running the tap and opened the first aid kit. "Take off your shirt." She demanded, he obeyed. Flo examined the cut, it was on the left side of his hip, just above the hip bone. It wasn't deep but it was bleeding lightly and definitely looked to be bruised. Harvey watched as Flo took a clean towel and washed the blood away, wincing everytime she dabbed it right over the cut. "Sorry." She apologised for what felt like the 100th time. Harvey let out a light chuckle.

"It's fine. You're only trying to help." Flo smiled up at him before looking back down at the plaster she was now putting on him.

"There, all done." She smiled, Harvey smiled back.

"Thanks, you didn't have to do that."

"Don't be silly, it could have got infected if I hadn't. Plus you will be much more comfortable moving around and touching things now since it's protected." Harvey looked into her eyes.

"Do you like this sort of stuff?" He asked, putting on his shirt again as she packed away the first aid kit.

"I'm alright with it. I always liked helping people out but I could never work in a hospital. I'm more of a kid friendly type of girl."

"So, a primary school?"

"Oh no, definitely couldn't deal with that. I like helping kids overcome their worries and fears. Hence why I want to be a children's social worker. I love seeing kids happy, some children go through a lot at a very young age and I just want to help them to live a happier life. I've always liked making sure people are okay, been like that since I was young. Somehow, I always knew how to cope with each situation as it comes. It's been a dream of mine to help children that need it the most, mental health can be really damaging especially to younger kids." Harvey leaned against the counter listening to Flo ramble on about her dream, a warm smile on his face. "Sorry, I'm rambling on."

"No, no, no, it's fine. I like hearing you talk. I think it's really kind that you want to help children who need it the most, I've heard some pretty horrific stories and I love the fact you want to be the one to help them."

"You think?"

"Yeah, definitely. Not everyone is as kind as most people." A comfortable silence fell upon them, Flo was smiling brightly, Harvey was smiling at her.