~Destiel #12 - Perfect to Me~

AN - I'M ALIVE! I'M HERE!

I'm sorry it's been so long. I've been working on something else and school is ruining my life and just ugh I hate the world.

Anyway, here you go.

Also, I added a sad song because I'm sad. It's Lost It All by Black Veil Brides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Cas is human in this.)

Castiel stood in front of the mirror, staring at the body that was technically now his. He had no grace, he couldn’t leave it. 

He looked at himself and began to pick out everything that could be considered a flaw, every imperfection. 

He ran his fingers across every scar, every wound, picked apart his personality, went through everything he had done. He had so many flaws. 

And now, on top of that, he had no grace, no wings. He was useless. 

Tears filled his eyes and he wiped them furiously. Emotions, another flaw, another thing to be ashamed of. Angels didn’t have them, he was weak. 

The tears spilled over, but he held back the sobs, refusing to make a sound. 

And then his boyfriend, Dean walked in. 

“Hey, Cas,” he said, “I was wondering if you’d like burgers for lunch?” Then he saw the tears trickling down the ex-angel’s face and his carefree mood was replaced by concern.

The hunter walked over and hugged Cas, “What’s wrong?” 

Cas buried his head in Dean’s shoulder, hugging him back, “Everything,” he choked out through his tears. 

Dean pulled back from the hug to lead Cas to their bed and sat down, gently tugging his angel down next to him and wrapping his arms around him again. 

Cas realised Dean was waiting for him to elaborate, “I’m just so useless now. I have no wings, no grace. I can’t heal you if you get hurt and I can’t hear your prayers and fly to save you. I have so many flaws, so many imperfections. I have done so many horrible things and I don’t know how much more of this I can take.” 

Dean was silent, so Cas looked up at him, expecting disgust, instead he saw horror. 

“Cas,” the green-eyed man said, “You shouldn’t think like this. You’re perfect.” 

Cas buried his head back into Dean’s shoulder. “No, I’m not. And you’re just saying that to comfort me. Perfect is nothing but an adjective anyway.” 

“Cas,” Dean said softly, “Have you ever heard the phrase, ‘Beauty is in the eye of the beholder’.” 

When Cas shook his head he continued, “It means people have a different view of things. The other angels may not think you’re perfect, but I do, you’re perfect to me. Does that mean more?” 

Cas nodded, sniffling. 

Dean gently moved him so bluer-than-blue eyes met candy-apple green. 

“No matter what anybody says, I want you to remember that, to me, you are the most amazing, beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous, kind, caring, sweet, strong, brave and powerful being I have ever met. It doesn’t matter what they think, you’re perfect to me. I love you, Castiel, I love everything about you.” 

Dean’s extremely green eyes were filled with nothing but sincerity and adoration. 

Cas’s filled with tears again, but happier ones this time. Dean was the perfect one, no matter what he said, and Cas did not deserve him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN - There you go. A one-shot.

It was kinda sad, but I'm kinda sad so ya.

The ending of Supernatural fucked me up, okay?

Question, how heartbroken were you, fellow Supernatural fans, when you watched the ending?

Because I took a fork and DESTROYED the tissue box I had next to me. Word of advice, don't leave forks near broken fangirls.

Slán.