1_TRUTH

{A/N: Hello lovelies, thank you for checking out my fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!}

"Hey, shopkeep, is it here yet?" Kel yelled, slamming open the door to HOBBEEZ and startling the customers inside.

"Kel, don't be rude," Hero and Mari scolded before apologizing to the shopkeeper.

Everyone else made a beeline to the comic section, not caring about their manners. They were kids after all, so they had better things to do.

The kids had their eyes peeled wide open as they scanned the rows and rows of comics, specifically the Captain SpaceBoy! edition.

On the first Saturday of every month, a new edition is released. Meaning that had to come here at least once a month to stay up to date with the best comic in the world.

Sure, it may be wrong for them to read the comic without paying for it, but who said that kids had money?

Kel was the first to grab the latest edition.

"Kel, it's my turn to hold it!" Aubrey exclaimed, reaching for the comic. Kel held it over his head and out of Aubrey's reach.

"Finders keepers." Kel stuck his tongue at her.

"It was your turn last time, Kel, you have to share," Basil reasoned as he got in between the two of them.

"No!"

"Yes," Hero rebutted, plucking the comic out of his hand and handing it over to Aubrey. "It's Aubrey's turn."

"Hero, come on let's check out the records," Mari called to him.

Aubrey stuck her tongue out at Kel, motioning for everyone to gather around her. Kel stood to her right while Sunny stood to her left. Basil, instead, stood in front of the three and lifted up his camera.

Without them noticing, he snapped a picture.

"Hurry up, Aubrey, start reading," Kel commanded.

Sunny shushed him as they all tuned into Aubrey's voice.

"You see, this sweet jelly filled donut isn't just any donut," Aubrey narrated as Captain SpaceBoy.

"What do you mean, boss?" She voiced as a space pirate before imitating SpaceBoy's sigh.

"I guess it's time for me to come clean."

===

"I have to tell you something."

Sunny stood at the entrance of Basil's hospital room. He made eye contact with Basil, judging by his expression he understood what he was about to say. His heart was pounding in his chest despite the calm look in his eyes.

This will change everything.

He took a deep breath before shortening the distance between him and his friends. Whether or not they were about to stay his friends was up to them.

"Sunny, are you feeling okay? You probably shouldn't be out of bed right now," Hero voiced his concern.

"I'm okay."

Truthfully, he was not, but his physical state was the least of his concern. His head was throbbing lightly along with his right eye. Despite only having half his vision, he could see clearly.

He had to do this.

"You're not going to like this," Sunny admitted, his eye itching to cast downward, but he forced himself to look up. His friends were on edge. "It's about Mari."