Chapter 6: Devils of Kuoh Pt 1

A/N: As of the start of this chapter being written, My main Fanfiction, Legends Never Die: Sparda's Legacy, has nearly reached 5k views, which is a massive number for me. Thank you to those who support both this and my other Fanfictions, it genuinely means a lot to me.

Disclaimer: I do not own Devil May Cry, Honkai Impact 3rd or Highschool DxD, they are the property of their respective owners.

(Chapter Start)

Sona Sitri found her eyes narrowed at the scene before her. An abandoned factory that, up until yesterday, had been home to four stray Devils. She had intended to take care of it today, but it was clear to the bespectacled girl that she was a little late on that. 

As expected, the Stray's corpses had been taken care of, either by the now long corrupted Evil Piece inside of them or the ones who killed them. 

A little known fact about the Evil Piece's was that they could actually take care of the corpses that came from the deaths of reincarnated Devils. It was a lesser known fact due to the simple matter of very few reincarnated Devils rarely died on the battlefield unless they were Strays, and normally the Devils completely destroyed the Strays body so even that was rarely, if ever seen. 

"Kaichou, you don't suppose Rias-Sama did this do you?" The purple eyed girls long-time friend, Tsubaki Shinra asked her, getting a head shake from the shorter girl. 

"No, there's no left over mana here to indicate magic was used, whoever did this went purely close combat." Scanning over the factory floor she saw the spent casings of bullets. "We might have priests in the area if those casings are anything to go by." Moving over to the spent bullets, she crouched and observed them with a scrutinizing gaze. "No, these aren't blessed, whoever was fighting the strays used normal bullets and somehow managed to kill the Devils."

"Is that even possible?" Tsubaki asked getting a slight nod from her [King].

"Yes, incredibly hard, but not impossible."  Sona said with her eyes narrowing. Up until recently this hadn't happened, not in their territory at least. This sort of thing had happened the world over within other Devils territory. "Tsubaki."

"Yes Kaichou?" The [Queen] asked. 

"Tell Rias we need to talk, we may have a threat on our hands."

(Kaslana family household, Wednesday morning)

"You really think that?" Cecilia asked Alex who was currently leaning against the kitchen counter, a cup of coffee in his hand. 

"Yeah, Kiana's bullet casings were all over the factory floor." He took a sip of his drink. "They can't be traced back to us, not easily at least, but it's only a matter of time before that happens."

"How do you figure?" The older woman asked. 

"We're not only new around here, making us suspicious from the get go, but this is the first time since we arrived that a Stray has been killed with regular bullets in this region. At least, as far as we know." Alex finished his coffee before placing the cup by his side. Looking at the kitchen door he watched as Kiana entered the room.

"What are you two talking about?" The young girl asked, finishing the final touches to her braids. 

"Don't worry about it Moonbeam." Cecilia told her daughter who blushed in slight embarrassment from her mothers nickname. 

"I told you to stop calling me that..." She muttered. 

Sighing Alex picked up his bag before making his way to the door. "We'll see you later Cecilia." He looked over his shoulder. "Come on, wouldn't want to keep Mei waiting would you... Moonbeam." 

"Alex!" Kiana screamed at her fellow albino, before giving chase, just barely remembering to pick up her own bag. 

Sighing before her lips were tugged into a smile, Cecilia watched her daughter and adopted Son leave for their school. "I wonder what you would have done, if our positions were reversed, Kyrie." Shaking her head she looked at the empty mug and narrowed her eyes. "That boy is in for it when he gets home."

(Kuoh Academy) 

"So we're going to show ourselves to them?" Kiana asked Alex who nodded. 

"In a sense." He answered. "Cecilia and I were talking about it. She wasn't all for it and neither was I, but its necessary." His blue eyes narrowed when he caught sight of one of the Devils. "You two are going to have to do most of the talking, One slip up on my part and we could end up with two dead Devil Heiresses, and while I don't particularly care, Overseer-Sama would rather I not unless absolutely necessary."

"That's right, you were assigned as a failsafe should everything go wrong." Mei muttered. "Are you and Kallen-Sama sure about this? You taking on two Devil Kings should everything go wrong?" 

"Overseer-Sama was able to go one on one against the weakest of the four modern Devil Kings, Asmodeus, and win." Alex said with a shrug. "She's completely certain that I'll be able to take on all four and win if I get into that situation."

"Wow..." Kiana muttered with awe clearly in her voice. She knew her adopted brother was powerful to a ridiculous extent, but for her aunt, Kallen, to say that it was possible for him to fight all four great Devil Kings and win? That was strong to a whole other level as far as she was concerned. 

"That's honestly terrifying." Mei muttered to herself. She was completely confident in her own strength, she was one of the strongest Valkyries in Schicksal outside of the immortal blades after all, but did she think she could fight creatures like the four Satans and win? No, not at all.  

Well, not without some luck and the full usage of her Herrscher powers at least. 

"Not when that power isn't pointed in your direction." Alex shrugged off Mei's worries. Alex's lips curved down into a frown. "We have company."

Rounding the corner was Yuuto Kiba, the blonde Devil from the previous day.

"Morning you three." He greeted them with a pleasant smile. "Would the three of you mind accompanying me to the student council room?"

(End Chapter)

A/N: I'm sorry for making you all wait for over a month for an update, but i have felt like absolute shit as of late. Non of my currently being written chapters are all that long, nor are they close to finished. I can only say sorry for the delay.