4

Sophie was speachless. A Councillor had been attacked! This is the kind of havoc the Neverseen need to plan an attack. "But the worst thing is, Oralie was kidnapped." He said. "How? How can this be happening?" She thought out loud. "I should be going," Alden said. "I need to tell a few other people." "Do you think they'll find her?" Sophie asked. As much as she hated Oralie, she didnt think anyone but the Neverseen themselves deserved to be kidnapped, especially by the Neverseen. She would know how terrible it is. "I hope so Sophie, but I cant really promise anything." He replied. "Well it was good to see you." He said as he dissapeared into the light.

Sophie paced around Callas Panakes tree. "How can this be happening," She muttered under her breath. "First Keefe, now this?!" "Woah, woah, woah!" Grady said. "Ahh! When did you get here." She asked shocked. "Just now," He replied. "Is everything alright?" "Oralie was kidnapped by the Neverseen." Sophie told him. "Oh no," He muttered "This is bad. But don't worry I'll have Sandor install more security measurements here and at all of your friends houses." He said panicstricken. "Look Sophie, I'd love to talk with you more but I need to go." He said and left. Sophie went to her bedroom, got dressed, and hailed Mr. Forkle. "Hi Sophie." He greeted her. "Mr. Forkle I need you to come now its an emergency." She said. "I'm on my way." He said.

Soon enough he had arrived. They went to Callas Panakes tree to talk. "So Sophie, why did you call me here?" He asked her. "Because," Sophie said "Something terrible has happened." "What?" Mr. Forkle asked. "Oralie has been kidnapped," She said. His jaw dropped. "But even worse, it was by the Neverseen." "This is terrible," He said "Their probably planning an attack right now." He said. Sophie ran her fingertips along the course bark of Callas Panakes tree to distract herself. "Sophie I need to inform the rest of the Collective about this." He said. Just like Alden, he dissapeared in the light.

Sophie sobbed in her room for the rest of the day. She knew she should do something prouductive and helpful, but she still sat on her bed crying. Edaline eventually brought in dinner, Callas fruit and a delicious slice of mallowmelt. Her mouth watered at the sight of it, after all she hadnt eaten all day and she was a total sucker for mallowmelt. "Are you okay?" Edaline asked. "No, not really." Sophie replied honestly. "Do you want to talk about it?" Edaline asked. "Not yet, but thanks for offering." Sophie said. "Okay, if you do then me and Grady will be here to listen." "Thank you guys." Sophie said as she wrapped Edaline into a tight embrace. She ate her delicious dinner, changed into her pajamas, and had Edaline and Grady tuck her in bed. She fell asleep to Silveny flooding relaxing images and calmness in her brain.