"Ma..wo Saudamini didi se bahut pyaar karte h aur hum unhe bas khush dekhna chahte h. Unki khushi sirf Mini di ke saath h.....please Ma....please..." Neeya says joining her hand crying and Ma hugs her.

"Chup ho ja Shona...aaj dekhlie tu kitna pyar karti h unse....chup ho ja..."
Both mother and daughter remains in that hug position.

Neeya was broken, she was feeling numb; she wasnt getting what to do what to say and she was missing her husband more than anything..

Their moment were disturbed with loud thud/knock on the door.
"Ae Neeya! Bahar nikal..." "Niklo bahar...Sujataa..."
Neeya and Sujata looks at each other scared. They walk outside to see many ladies standing there.
"Kya hua?...aap sab yaha, is waqt?" "Ha. Teri beti ne jo karnama kia h, uske lie aae h hum."
Neeya comes out to find many ladies of the village, looking angry at her.
One of the ladies hold her by her wrist,"Chal humare saath." And drags her out...

Neeya tried to break the grip on her hand,"chodhie!.... chodhie hume...ye kya kar rhi h aap?...." And then suddenly the lady who was holding her, push her forward.

She looks around to see mostly all the people and children gathered around her, which makes her nervous and scared. She was only wishing her savior, her husband would be there with her like always.
Neeya recalls how he helped her and supported her to save Ma from Sati.
How he saved her from Indra and the norms of society. But today, he is not there.

She was lost in all these when she suddenly felt something liquid on her face, taking her by jolt.

She touched her face and looked at her hands to see black liquid,"Tujh jaisi chodhi hui ladki is samaaj ke lie kalank h. Are tujhe is gaon mai rehne ka koi hak nhi h!"
Neeya looks at her black inked hand which scares her but also makes her angry. She looks around at the people eyeing them when she defends herself.
"Aap log kaun hote h ye tay karne wale ki kaun is gaon mai rhega aur kaun nhi?"

"Humse jabaan ladhati h! Are pehle khud ko dekh le. Shaadi ko 1 mahina nhi hua aur sasural walo ne nikal dia. Pati ne bhi chodh dia...jaroor isi me koi dosh ya kami h." Few of people laughs at her.
"Hum to kehte h ise is gaon se nikal dia jae. Aisi ladki, charitraheen ladkiyo ki koi jagah nhi h humare samaaj mai. Agar ye yaha rhi, to gndagi ban jaegi. Ladkiyo pe najane kya asar padhega." One of the man says.

"Accha! Agar ladki apne sasural se ghar aajae to wo charitraheen, usme hi koi kami? Aur agar koi ladka use chodh de ya chodh ke chala jata h tab mard ki charitra pe koi sawaal nhi uth ta!?" She turns to a lady who was standing with her husband and son,"Q kaki? Jab bahu se manmaafi dahej nhi mila, to use chodh aae! To aapka beta charitraheen nhi h?-" "-Ae ladki! Tumhare pati ne kya kia? Chodh dia na! Are isi mai koi kami hogi." And again laughing can be heard.

(Tark se hi Fark padta Tune muje ye sikhaya)

"Bas!...aap log jante hi kya h mere pati aur mere sasural walo ke baare mai? Aapko kya pata ki unhone hume chodha ya mai khudh aagai wapis! Aur yhi baat mere pati ki, to mere aap log unke baare mai apshabd kehne ka koi hak nhi h....
Aur aaj jo apne mere mooh main ye kala syahi phenka h na, he mere charitra ko nhi darshata, balki ye apki soch darshata h."
Everyone looks at her.

(Par yaha to sabne mere Labo pe tala lagaya)

Neeya was feeling so much angry, but at the same time she wanted to cry, scream. She was badly missing Anirudh, who stood by her no matter what.