That Look - Russell Adler X Reader

DISCLAIMER: Hey guys!! Welcome to my Cold War book. Please send requests!!! Also, for this story I kinda got out of hand with Park. I have nothing against Park, but I needed context to the story. I love Park so yeah, thanks for understanding.

TW: Cussing, mention of hostages, mention of implied sex.

You were currently sitting across from Adler, plotting what the next plan was to be. Recently, Adler had been under a lot of stress from Operation Rebirth and you could see it taking it's toll on him.

You had fallen for Adler when you first met Adler and the team in January 1981, during the Iran hostage crisis. You always loved the way he looked at you with his stunning blue eyes.

One night while you stayed up late writing in your journal, you found yourself wanting a screwdriver so you went off to the bar in the kitchen to make one.

Upon returning, you found none other than Helen Park slumped over your solid, cherry wood work desk that presented a photo of you, Adler, Woods, and Mason in a group photo.

Woods was throwing the bird, Mason had a serious look on his face, and Adler had slumped his arm over you, but he was looking down at you with 'that look'. You were also looking back at him with a deer caught in the headlights look.

You knew it was wrong to fall in love with Russell Adler, your teammate, companion, someone you fell hard for. You trusted Adler with every burning inch of your love and lust. You'd do anything to run your fingers through his golden locks.

Back in reality, Park turned slowly with the said black leather journal in her cold hands. He looked really shocked and couldn't believe what she was seeing, how could the infamous Y/N Y/L/N fall so sensitive for Russell Adler?

"Y/N, what's this? Do you have something for Adler?" Park questioned really seriously.

You stumbled back, and reached to snatch the precious leather from her grasp.

"Park, it really isn't any of your business. You came in MY office and read MY private journal. I should knock you into next Tuesday....." You trailed off.

She instead yanked the journal back so she could read more of what you wrote. You felt all the little privacy you have just flutter away like a butterfly. You always knew Park was a hard ass but not like this.

Park gave you a serious 'mom look' and slammed the book onto the table, she was infuriated and looked madder than a bull.

"Y/N, you can't be falling for Adler! We are on a serious mission and you can't be distracting him. You'll get the whole team killed!" Park screamed with rage.

Adler was only a few rooms down, he could definitely hear everything by the way Park was screaming like a banshee.

"Helen, will you shut the fuck up??? Okay yeah, I like Adler! Does it matter? I have loved him since I first met him and here you are, reading my personal journal. I hate you Helen, I hate you so much!" You sobbed.

You turned red from tears at this point because you just got exposed by Park to Adler, you just knew it. You pushed Park back very hard, so hard that she got taken off guard and she fell over onto your desk, breaking the glass from the beloved team picture.

The door had suddenly busted open and in rushed the blonde man in question. Adler barged in with a panicked expression and quickly took a look at situation before him.

Adler saw the hysteria in your eyes and anger flashed in his soul. Little did you know, he had some pretty strong feelings for you.....

In a moment, you took off running out the back door and far, far into the dark woods. It was 3 AM, and you had no flashlight. It was also very cold and you had no coat and a pair of shorts on for bed.

Adler grabbed his coat and grabbed a flashlight. Park stood silently with ths journal in her hands.

"Where did she go Helen? What did you say to her??" Adler yelled.

Park showed him the writing but he slapped it from her hands. He was enraged and worried about you at this moment.

"She likes you Adler......That is very unprofessional and will get us-" Adler cut Park off my opening the door.

"Unprofessional my ass. You hurt her, kiss my ass." And Adler was gone with the wind.

You had found a fallen tree and sat down after running for what felt like hours. The trees opened perfectly so the moonlight reflected down onto you like a movie. You cried so hard you started to feel dizzy, it didn't help it was freezing cold either.

You heard footsteps running as fast as they could towards you, and you dove behind the rotted tree stump to hide. Could it be him?

Speak of the devil, Russell Adler's handsome face popped out from the other side and looked down at you, freezing cold. His look softed, and he crouched towards you in a worried manor.

"Y/N, what are you doing? You must be freezing!" He took off his jacket and immediately wrapped you up in it.

You were still crying and couldn't look him in the eyes, but he instead stood you up so you both could begin the walk back to HQ.

It was quiet between the both of you, until Adler broke the awkward silence for the first time.

"You know Y/N, I'm really sorry about what Park did. But I do wanna talk to you about some things...." he trailed off.

You winced and physically backed up out of pain. Not actual pain, but heartbreak. You knew what Adler was going to say. How much he didn't like you, or how he saw you as a sister.

"Adler," you sighed, "I know what you are going to say. I know you heard everything with Park, please don't hate me. But, it was all true. Ever since I met you, I've loved you and still do. Don't hate me, or hurt me."

You both locked eyes, and Adler moved closer to you. You froze, not moving a single muscle, Adler was about to your face. He was so close you could see the ocean of his eyes, and the scars that colored his face.

He took you by the chin and you locked lips. He pulled you close to his body and held you there as if you'd fly away. You put arms around his neck and tip toed. This, was everything you ever dreamed of.

Adler pulled away, and looked down at you.

"You know Y/N, I've felt the same way about you. What I would do to have you so close to me, ever since I saw you walk out of debrief with your uniform I was head over heels. But why would you want a man like me? I've done bad." He sighed.

You took his cheeks in both your hands and pulled him nose to nose with you.

"Adler, we all made mistakes. I love you, I didn't fall in love with you for what your job is, how much money you make, or where it goes. I fell in love for the beautiful heart and soul you have."

You put a finger to his chest and poked where his heart is.

"This, this is what it's about. And your love." You said.

Adler pulled you into a hug and didn't let go. You began to shiver more, Adler pulled away.

"Let's get you inside beautiful. I don't want my girl to freeze to death." He said calmly.

Your heart skipped as held out his hand for you. You took his hand and he led you to HQ. Once you got in, he walked you to your door.

"Well, train ends here gorgeous. Let's get you tucked in." He spoke, reaching for your doorknob.

You suddenly grabbed his hand and looked up at him.

"Is there anyway I could.....possibly sleep with you? Not like anything crazy but to cuddle? It's cold...." You trailed off and looked away.

Adler smiled, and led you to his door.

"No problem love, let's go cuddle for the night." He smiled, giving you that look.