Y/N: um... please accept this...

The boy looks at the pack of candies in my hand.

Yaku: what? that... I can't take that from you... it's yours

Y/N: no... I.. uh my grandmother owns a candy shop so I have a lot of this... well at least please take this.

Yaku: uh... well okay then, thank you so much...

He takes the pack from my hand and puts it in his grocery bag. I then look back at the road that leads to my home, it's quite empty. But I can't keep this boy here for long and I need to go home as well. 

Y/N: uh.. well, I'll go back home then... thank you

Yaku: where are you heading to?

The boy looks at me with such a concerned face, his eyes like saying I should tell him.  I lift up my hand and point to the road I'm taking.

Y/N: I'll go that way...

Yaku: okay... come on... I'll walk with you

Y/N: oh, no you don't have to... uh I don't want to bother you...

The boy gives me a boyish smile, and I just realize that this boy is attractive. I can feel my face grew warm at the sight of his smiling face. He walks closer to me and I became stiff, but he walks past me and stops to wait for me.

 He walks closer to me and I became stiff, but he walks past me and stops to wait for me

Yaku: It's alright, my home is that way too... and I can't just let you walk alone after what happened to you... come on.

With that, I nod my head and catch up to him and walk next to him. I stole a glance at him from head to toe. His light brown hair looks really fluffy, and everything about him looks really nice. But I can tell that he's insecure about his heights after seeing his reaction when the boys from earlier called him short. I look down at his feet, his feet are pretty big.  

I look up back at his face, I think he will grow taller. Grandpa used to told my younger brother that he will become tall because his feet are big. Just then when I'm still looking at his face, he looks back at me, making me flustered.

Yaku: is anything wrong?

Y/N: uh oh... no nothing... it's just... uh thank you for walking with me...

■Yaku's POV■

This girl is really cute, and she's flustered at every simple thing. No wonder those boys from earlier are ganging up on her, she's really pretty. But still, cornering a girl like this just to have her number is unacceptable. I can feel myself getting pissed off, I might be frowning by now.

Y/N: um... is anything wrong?

Yaku: hmm? oh I'm sorry... I just kind of pissed off.

The girl tilts her head a little, probably wondering why I was suddenly pissed off as the both of us are just walking and there's nothing that bothers us at the moment.

Yaku: it's just I remember what happened to you... How could those boys make you cornered like that...

Y/N: oh... right... I'm really scared back then... thankfully you came...

Yaku: No problem, I was just passing by and couldn't leave you like that... besides, those boys really are annoying... how dare them to say that I'm short... he doesn't need to say that, I know I'm pretty short for a guy...

Suddenly it became quiet. Oh gosh, she might think I have some sort of heights complex. This became pretty awkward. We walk in silence until we reach a house that probably is hers. She stands in front of the gate, fidgeting while gripping the hem of her sweater.

Y/N: uh thank you so much for today....

Yaku: no don't mention it... 

Y/N: well uh, I'll go first then...

Yaku: okay, good night.

I turn on my heels and walk to where my home is when the girl shouts.

Y/N: um...EXCUSE ME!

I look back at her, still standing in front of her gate, gripping the hem of her sweater tighter. Her face is flushed as she looks at the ground. But then she averts her gaze at me, and wow her eyes really are pretty. I was mesmerized by her face when she starts talking.

Y/N: I... uh... my grandpa said... that... someone with big feet will grow up tall.... so uh... I think... you will become taller eventually...

I was taken aback by what she said, did she mean it. Well, she looks really serious right now. 

Y/N: uh but... even if you didn't grow any taller... you should be confident with how you look... because you are attractive enough...

She smiles genuinely, I can feel that my face is getting warm. Did a girl just say that I look attractive? a cute girl above all. As if she just realized what she said, her face turns fifty shades of red. I don't know who's redder by now her or me. 

Y/N: uh... sorry for taking your time... good night

She then turns on her heels and about to run inside her house, but this time, I called her instead.

Yaku: HEY!

She stops and looks back at me, her face is still red. I gulp and dared myself up.

Yaku: can I know your name?

The girl turns around, completely facing me.

Y/N: uh... it's L/N Y/N.... what about you?

Yaku: Yaku... Yaku Morisuke...

Tonight, let's just say

I am interested in things other than volleyball

A girl