"We ran into Liv." Theo says as he rolls his eyes.

"Ah." Draco says. "Makes sense."

"Why does that make sense? I don't understand." Pansy says.

"Theo's sister is clingy." Draco mumbles.

"Oh shut up. She's sweet." I defend her but it's not fully wrong.

"Yeah, okay." Draco huffs.

"Anyway, how long do we have until your mother gets here?" I ask. Draco raises an eye brow at me before answering.

"She should be hear in an hour." He says.

"Ah."

"Why?"

"No reason."

"Maya. Why?"

"Draco. No reason." I joke.

"Would you two get a room." Blaise says as he rolls his eyes.

"Oh fuck off. You and Pansy are just as bad." Theo grunts. Suddenly I'm filled with guilt. I know he has said he's okay after everything that happened with Hermione but I know he isn't... he just wants to seem like he is.

I smile weakly at him as he rolls his eyes sarcastically at Blaise and Pansy.

All I can think is at least Hermione won't be at school this year so he doesn't have to see her and feel the pain...

-

"Mother, it's nice to see you." Draco says as he opens the door to let Narcissa in. She gently wraps her arms around Draco and he hugs her back. Even though things are challenging with his family, him and his mother usually always understand each other. Narcissa puts her son first and I admire her for that.

"Mrs. Malfoy. It's nice to see you again." Blaise says as he smiles at her.

"Yes, it's nice to see you all. I'm glad you're all staying together." Narcissa says calmly.

"Thanks for brining my school things." Draco says as his mother uses her wand to guide his trunk inside the house.

"Of course. It was a good excuse to come see you." She explains. "I was worried about you after you left the manor last."

"I'm fine." Draco says firmly.

"I know." Narcissa whispers. She looks at me and smiles.

"And how are you?" She asks me.

"I'm fine." I say and weakly smile at her. She's kind to check up on us.

"I'm glad you're here." Narcissa says.

Andromeda enters the room and stops awkwardly in the doorway. She knew, of course, that Narcissa was dropping by and she was alright with that but things seem kind of tense.

"Narcissa. Nice to see you. You look well." Andromeda says as she smiles at her sister.

"Yes, it's nice to see you too Andromeda." Narcissa says. "Thank you for allowing these kids to stay here."

"Of course." Andromeda says. "These kids are welcome here anytime. You've done a wonderful job with Draco."

"Thank you." Narcissa says. "I'm very proud of Draco."

Draco looks awkward as his aunt and his mother continue to talk to each other.

"Stay safe this year. All of you." Narcissa says. "I'll see you when I can. Feel free to drop by whenever or send me an owl anytime you need something."

"Thanks, mother." Draco says. "I'll stay in touch with you."

"Good." Narcissa says before giving us all one last look before nodding and turning on her heel and leaving.

The rest of that night we were all rather tense. None of us are looking forward to going back, especially Draco. He won't admit it but he's terrified. I can see it in his eyes. He's worried. It's not going to be easy... everyone hates us. Everyone knows what happened. Well, everyone knows Harry's version of what happened but they won't listen to us after hearing what he has to say. Blaise is pretending that he wants to go back so that he can go back to picking on first years. "They'll be even more scared of me now." But I can tell he's just as worried as us.

He's kind, even though he acts like a dick. I have seen the real him and as much he wants to believe he's mean, he's really not.

Andromeda is worried about us going back too. She thinks it's a dumb idea because everyone is going to hate us. We use the excuse that we'll be safe as long as Snape is headmaster. I know she's a good person and she truly cares about us even though she doesn't have to. Most people see us as evil but she took a chance on us and allowed us to stay with her.

I notice pictures of her husband around the house and brought it up to her one night. She explained to me that he's working with the order and is doing missions right now. I know she put a lot of trust in me by telling me that, and I don't plan on betraying her trust. It's just sad that once we leave, she'll be here on her own again.

But we don't have a choice.

We never do.