CHAPTER FOUR

THE ROSE OF THE NORTH
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE ROSE OF THE NORTH✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

277 AC, Winterfell

"You are getting slower, big brother," Rosalie smirked, placing her training sword against his neck as he laid on the ground beneath her.

"You are getting cockier, little sister," Brandon mimicked her, attempting to swipe her legs from underneath her only for Rosalie to spin out of his way. Once she had been trained by Syrio Forel himself to become a Water Dancer and had been allowed to be trained by Jory and Rodrik Cassel alongside her brothers.

"Is it being cocky to acknowledge the fact that I am better than you?" Rosalie asked with a cheeky grin, "What would all your lovely little admirers say if they saw you defeated by your three-and-ten year old sister?"

Truth be told Brandon would have been able to defeat her if he had used all of his strength. Rosalie's technique was superior to her brother and her agility was unmatched, but her strength wasn't what it once had been. She was just three-and-ten, not yet having reached her full fight nor strength while her brother was towering over her like a tree.

When her features started to form Rosalie was slightly surprised to see that she looked the same as she once had. With the same dark brown that looked auburn in certain lights and steely grey eyes with specks of blue. However instead of people seeing the auburn as her Tully inheritance it was something she had inherited from her grandmother, Arya Flint, while the blue in her eyes was something she had gotten from Lyarra.

"I miss when father was still against you practicing swordfighting," Brandon muttered while standing up, dusting off his pants. "Simpler times."

Truth be told, Rickard had not been as open to a lady practicing archery and sword-fighting as Ned had been. In her previous life her father had never been able to deny her anything, therefore she had trained archery since she could stand and swordsmanship with Robb, Jon and Theon for just as long.

But Rickard had been completely opposed to the idea, not even allowing her near the training grounds. However, after a lot of persuasion and a lot of practicing in secret he had given her permission to practice as long as it didn't get in the way of any other of her duties.

Since the death of her mother Rosalie had been trained to act as the Lady of Winterfell which wasn't very hard considering all she had done in her past. She also had no troubles with all her lady lessons because Catelyn Tully could never allow her eldest daughter to be anything other than the perfect lady.