Chapter 9 : No Family Left

The next few days went by slowly as you wondered how many diary users were left.

... Did 8th or whatever kill Yuno and Yuki?... Did they kill 8th?... If I'm lucky both are dead by now...

You shut your eyes tightly then opened them to see that you were in one of Deus' meetings again. As you looked around you saw that there were only 6 pedestals, including yours, without the red 'Dead End's floating above them.

You looked at Yukis pedestal to see his silhouette kiss Yunos while embracing her. You rolled your eyes as you thought. ... Looks like Yuki turned into a complete idiot again... Then again, that was to be expected... But come on! She kidnapped him, tried to kill his friends and more!... How did he get through preschool?...

Yuki then smirked at the silhouette of 11th while stating, "The 11th diary owner is John Balks! The Mayor of Sakurami City!" All of the diary owners looked over at 11th pedestal as Deus said, "Since everyone here now knows the others identity, there is no need to hide your faces anymore."

As the silhouettes faded away you started to see everyone clearly. You saw Minene pick at her fingers out of boredom as you looked around curiously. Slowly you looked over each diary user as your eyes landed on 8th. Your eyes widened as you realized she was the kind lady that ran the orphanage on the west side of town. She was a short, fluffy woman with brown hair and green eyes.

You felt a bit sorry for her as she looked at everyone worried as if she were more concerned with the safety of the others over her own. ... if 8th... I mean Kamado were to win then... this world would definitely be a better place...

Kamado saw your facial expression change and she reacted by smiling softly while waving at you. You weakly smiled back at her as the meeting dragged on.

After the meeting had ended you opened your eyes to see you were back in your room again. You sighed in relief as you walked into the living room to see Minene packing guns, ammunition and knives into a bag-pack.

As you rubbed your eyes, you groggily asked, "What are you doing, Minene?"

Minene scoffed, "What does it look like? Slow poke."

You glared at her as you stated, "I'm not a slow poke!"

She playfully pointed an unloaded gun at you and asked, "Do you think you could dodge the bullets?" ... Well who could?!...

You shook your head in defeat as she put away the gun saying, "You have to be more aware. After all, I wouldn't want you to die yet." While rolling your eyes you mimicked her voice, "Yet."

Minene continued packing while smiling, "Anyways, we have to relay the news that Balks is 11th to Nishijima." "So... why are we telling your boyfriend this?"

As she glared at you, you awkwardly smiled while explaining, "I mean as a male friend... you know..." She rolled her eyes as she sarcastically said, "Of course that's what you meant."

You slightly sighed in relief as you asked, "Anyways why are you packing?"

Minene started zipping the bag full of weapons closed as she replied, "You should pack your most important belongings too. We won't be back here anytime soon." ... Looks like the end to this game is getting close...

You nodded as you went into your room and got out a small bag. After packing a sweater, your future diary, your wallet and a gun, you put on your watch.

As you exited your room you thought about how this could end and how your 'normal' life already has. Your biological family was already dead and you refused to believe you could lose this one.