Chapter 6

Jazmine's POV:
We all get out of the car and put our masks on to walk to the door. I see Jojo walking kinda slow, so I hold her hand and I feel that her pulse is racing. She looks up at me and I just smile back down at her.

We get to the door and I see my best friend Makayla. We used to talk all of the time, but we both got busy and haven't seen each other in a while. She opens the door for us, "Oh my gosh Jaz, what are you doing here?"

"Luke didn't tell you I was coming?"

"No he just said they had a patient that was coming after-hours and they wanted me to stay to help out. Ok, first lemme check y'all's temps then." She scan all of our foreheads and tells us we are all good. "So who is this with you?"

"This is my boyfriend Joe and his daughter Joelle."

Joe waves at her, "Hi how are you you?"

"I'm fine, nice to meet you. So you the one who been keeping my girl busy huh?"

He laughs, "I guess so."

"Well as long as she's happy, I am too." She looks down at Joelle, "Omg she's so pretty Jaz, hi honey."

"Hi" Jojo responds shyly.

"Ok lemme take y'all on back." She take us to the back and brings us a hallway with a scale in the corner.
"Ok sweetheart step up here for me." She takes Jojo's height and weight and get all her vitals before bring us to an exam room.

The exam room is very bright and colorful.

 Makayla goes to the bed and pulls the paper down to the edge

Makayla goes to the bed and pulls the paper down to the edge. "Ok you are welcome to sit on the bed or you can sit in the corner over there." In the corner she is pointing to, there is a bungee chair there.

" In the corner she is pointing to, there is a bungee chair there

Jojo chooses to sit in the chair, instead of the bed. "Alright, the guys will be right in, in a second." Makayla says while she gives us a smile, and she shuts the door.

It's just me, Joe, and Jojo in the room now. I see her looking around the room at all the designs. "It's pretty huh?" I ask her. She nods.

"It's really bright, but I bet it's helpful for smaller kids." Joe replies.