Meeting Roxanne Timothy

Soul was as dark as Satans heart.

How true.

I always wonder what it would be like to actually have someone to care about me, but my mother was busy and my father... Well he's useless. So that just left me and my lonesome.

I was walking home from school, I left early avoiding Chance.

Chance.

That name rang through my head like a symphony.

He was all I could think about. He was like a rash that wouldn't go away, no matter how much ointment I used. He kept coming back. I was kinda grateful. No matter how I act, he seems to stick around. He keeps me sane, if that sounds possible.

But I have noticed, the voice hasn't really been a big problem until Chance came. Maybe I'm just thinking to much into that.

I still had the gun under my bed, ready to be fired if needed. Still haven't figured out what the gun was meant to used for, but I have a feeling I'll be needing it pretty soon.

The smell of summer was in the air and the school year was almost over. Kids were everywhere playing, jumping around like they just were released from prison. The smell of summer was everywhere and I hated it.

I hate summer, there's nothing to do but wallow alone in my house. My mom was never home in the summer and now that this baby is coming and she's getting married, I feel vaporous. Alone, transparent, I felt like I was invisible to the human eye.

I loved being alone, but sometime I feel like the more I'm alone the more I felt like I was losing myself. First the dream, then the gun, now... What? Is he planning on torturing me more? Is he going to stop playing these mind games and kill me? Will he ever stop or will he keep taunting me until I kill myself?

Nothing made since anymore. Back when I was younger, it's never been like this. It was just always just whispers, nothing like this. Everything was getting to crazy. Like when he tried to make me break into Amy's house. I still had the urge to do it again, I feel like there's something in there that would give me answers.

May be I can- "Excuse me miss, can you pass me that ball." I young girl at the age of 5 asked me. I looked down and saw next to me, a pink care bare ball. I picked it up and passed it to her.

"Thank you. What's your name?" The young girl asked me. She was adorable. She had two loopy ponytails and rosey cheeks.

"Callie." I told the young child.

"My name is Roxanne but my mommy call me Roxie. You can call me Roxie if you wanna too."  Roxie looked so eager to meet a new friend, that I couldn't just walk away from her like I'd normally would.

"Wanna play with me?" Roxie asked looking hopeful.

"Um shouldn't you be with your mommy?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "No mommy doesn't know I'm here." She told me. So she ran away?

"I think you should go home."

"No! Play with me!" She yelled poking her lip out. I sighed and gave in,

"Fine."

"Yay! Lets go play!"

____

"Catch me Callie, catch me!" We've been playing for over an hour and I was in fact enjoying it. Roxanne was so young and full of adventure. She's been having me chase after her like a mad woman. I was know dead beat.

"Roxie, I think I'll sit this one out. Play with the other kids, I'll be back." I was walking to a nearby tree to lay down in the shade. I laid on the soft grass and closed my eyes. I immediately started thinking about Chance.