"I'm sorry," I said again, and lifted my face up so I was looking at his.

"Don't apologize. You never have to apologize for anything."

"That seems a bit extreme," I laughed nervously, looking down.

"So is having ice powers."

I smiled, "Can I show you?"

He nodded.

Somebody cleared their throat.

I pulled away from Zack.

Everybody was looking at us with slightly wide eyes.

I pulled away from Zack and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "So... Big day, huh?"

"Pfft, I'll say," Tyler muttered.

"Shut up, doofus," Zack warned.

Tyler rolled his eyes.

"What's with all the attitude?" I asked.

"My best friend was just murdered in front of me. I'm not about to go skipping in the sunset, now am I?" he glared at us all, then stalked to the bathroom.

I glanced at Zack.

"It's OK, I got it," he said, then followed Tyler, closing the door behind him.

I stole another sandwich and took a bite.

"I'm sorry about your friend," Lilly said timidly.

"Me too, kid. Me too."

"He was a good boy. Funny too. Those parents of his..." dad trailed off.

I wonder whose going to tell them.

I wonder if we're going to get out of here alive.

"If we got out of here, I think it's best that we tell them. They deserve to know what happened to their son," I said.

"Icelantis has been kept a secret for centuries, Demi. Not a lot of people will believe you.. And even if we leave the part about Icelantis or the Queen out, we don't have any proof. Not even a body. It will be better for them if they are not a part of this."

"I'm telling them. They have a right to know," I said stubbornly.

"Yeah, and then what? They go to the police? Nobody will believe them. They will get shunned by society. Labeled freaks and outcasts. I think that It's better for them if-"

"If I suddenly went missing, wouldn't you want to know what happened to me? Wouldn't you be worried sick that I could still be out there somewhere? Hurt? We could at least give them closure."

Dad shook his head sadly, "It's just too dangerous, Demi. For them and for us."

I locked my jaw.

That queen will pay. And the price will be much higher than the crown she wears on her head.

"Do you know where Chester West might be?" I asked Lilly.

She nodded her head eagerly, "He's on the gate post. I could take you to him."

"You're not going anywhere without me," Zack said, finally coming out of the bathroom with Tyler sulking behind him.

Seems like the brotherly bonding session wasn't as sweet as planned.

"Or me," Tyler said, nodding his head.

"I'll come too," dad nodded determinedly.

I smile awkwardly, "Right. Lets all go then."