Page 261 - 164

"Where the hell were you," was my greeting when I finally opened the door to the room.

"Morning to you too," I mumbled to the three men standing arms crossed looking at me like I just killed their cat.

Or disappeared in a huge unfamiliar castle with an evil queen out to get me.

Zack stepped forward, but dad stepped in front of him.

"Demi, we were worried about you," he said firmly.

Furrowing my eyes, I looked behind him and realized that Zack was basically shaking with anger.

I bit my lip, "I'm sorry. I didn't want to wake you guys up. I didn't mean to worry you."

Tyler scoffed, "Where did you go? Breakfast with the queen?"

"The queen actually eats her breakfast in her private dining area. She doesn't sit with anyone because...well, she doesn't have anyone to eat with. She either imprisoned them or they work for her, and that will be kind of awkward. Like she'll be, 'Please pass the salt, but don't get your chains in the chicken'," Lilly giggled from the corner of the room.

I didn't even realize she was there, but to be fair her grey dress kind of blended in with the plain walls. She really needed some color, grey doesn't suit her.

The guys all looked at her.

"Do you ever stop talking?" Tyler asked, rolling his eyes, but I did see them soften slightly.

Lilly blushed, "I don't know. I never tried. Everybody always says I talk too much, but it's just that I have so much to say. And it's not like a whole lot of people like to listen to me speak, so why not get everything out one time? Anyway, it's a habit. The other maids say that my mom spoke just like me, so even if I wanted to, I don't think I would stop. I have always wanted to be like my mom, and I know so little about her. Oh, Mr. Bloom, you look just like Demi. I don't remember what my dad looks like, but I'm sure I look like him. My mommy was blond, but I have dark hair. I think dad had dark hair, right?"

Dad looked a bit behind and took a moment to process all she said, but then he slowly nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure he did, dear. It's Mr. Adler though, but you can call me James."

Lilly smiled rightly and held out a plate full of sandwiches, "Breakfast? Sorry, we only have sandwiches, but they're really good, promise.

"Hell yeah. Haven't had real food in days," Tyler said, then started scarfing down the sandwiches. Dad hesitantly took one himself.

I shared a smile with Lilly and mouthed a Thank you.

She nodded, her cheeks going a rosy color. With all her blabbing, she took the attention off of me.

Not all the attention though. I felt a pair of eyes boring into the side of my face.

Sighing, I stole a sandwich and walked up to Zack. Breaking it in half, I held one up to his mouth.

When he made no move to eat it, I shrugged and popped it into my mouth, then made a moaning sound, "Wow, this is so good."

He locked his jaw and continued staring at me with hard eyes.

"Come on, Zack. You can't be mad at me. I went back to the library. I think I know how to control my powers now."

Zack shook his head and tucked a strand of lock behind my ear, "Why would you do that to me?"

His voice was strained and it broke my heart.

I leaned into him, "I'm sorry."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his forehead on mine, "It's OK, Princess. Next time, wake me up. I was worried sick."