Chapter 1

Aegeus Ioannou Point of View

Another drop of rain splattered in the muddy puddle deafening the silence with its sound.

The pitter patter of rain was both tranquil and disturbing. The grays of the sky didn't scatter yet and seems like it will rain till the early hours of morning.

Keeping both of my eyes closed, I snuggled back into a large tree securing shelter from it along with three street dogs that always accompany me through rain and run.

It was silent but not peaceful. But soon the silence was stomped on by the hurried steps of several pairs of feet that ran in to the puddles of rain water thoughtlessly.

Soon the bothering noise of run is accompanied by shouts and scream, mostly curses that even my three dogs would shut their ears for the day.

I still had my eyes closed while I heard all the commotion happening nearby. Keeping a keen ear on the fuss, I could make out that there are more than ten people fighting and all of them have no connection with the law, hearing that they are arguing about something that should be done in dark.

"You should die, pal." Sounds fun!

"No, you should. Unless you die, we cannot have an upper hand."

"Why are we arguing? Just put the bullet into their heads and get it done with."

"Roby, boss wants us to transport the stuff by midnight. F**k them quickly and let's go."

I don't know why they are even fighting. From what I heard, they are a part of some illegal gang who apparently transport 'stuff', kill and literally do any crime in the process.

If they aren't amateurs in their job, then I would call them coward and useless. Why bother chasing and running around when you can straightaway pull your gun and shoot them amen.

Save you energy and trouble!

"Gosh, it's getting noisy on an already annoying rainy night." I mumbled to myself and heard agreement from my dog pals.

Finally deciding to open my eyes, I wiped my wet face and pushed away my long dirtied hair from my eyes. Once opening my eyes, I looked around the quiet empty place filled with greenery and fun rides for kids.

It was a park.

One of the largest parks in London.

I watched the entrance gate of the park locked with several locks securely which means these men came inside the property through a dog hole.

With heavy rain, moonless dark night, vacant streets; there is no better opportunity for people like them to do the illegal stuff.

For illegal gangs and criminals, a place like this very park where it's both vacant and occupied is just the great place to communicate their activities with others.

I've seen it. It has been two years I'm staying here and I saw almost all kind of people through day and night.

Mainly the guys who take this place as their playground at nights.

While I was scanning the area around me, I heard a couple of gun shots making me shake my head in utter disappointment.

Took them long to end the matter in a better way.

I've seen people like them kill each other in this very arena without even blinking their eyes. They were brutal. But by the time the park is open for the visitors, the corpses were cleared and the place is kept as if nothing happened at all.

"Hey!"

"Hey you, stinky fella." I raised my eyebrow when I heard the word stinky.

It should definitely be me. They are calling me.