One year (2)

You yelled in frustration. 8 months had passed and you only had made little progress. No matter how hard you concentrated, how good you aimed, the shot always missed its target. Cursing, you looked at the blaster in your hand. It was the one Boba had given you to practice. You had had the possibility to buy a new one, but there was somehow a bond between you and the weapon. It was the first blaster you ever touched, the first you ever fired a shot with. And it would be the first you would ever hit your target with.

With new motivation, you stood up, aiming the blaster at the rock. When other people did it, it always looked so easy. What did they do? You tried to imagine one of the bounty hunters, drawing their blasters and firing. Just like that. You took a breath. Then you aimed with the blaster as quick as possible and pulled the trigger.

Your jaw dropped as the shot hit the rock in the upper corner. In disbelief you stated at the weapon in your hand, then again at the freshly made hole. Determined, you raised the blaster again, aimed and fired. The shot missed the rock about two feet. A bit disappointed, you tried again. The shot missed. But knowing that you had the potential, you wouldn't give up now. A smirk spread on your face.

"Boba Fett, better get ready."

_time skip_

>Boba's POV<

She was staring after him. He could feel it. All the way to his ship, he felt her gaze in his back. Not that it was a bad feeling. He kind of liked it. He wanted to turn around, to look at her. Who was she? His body didn't move the way he wanted. He walked and walked and walked, away from the woman, away from... away from what? She was important. He knew it. He made a promise to her. But what was it? Who was she?

Again, he tried to turn around. This time, his body moved. He turned his head, but was already too far away to make out more than a small blur at the horizon. He used his rangefinder to zoom in. There she stood. Hair blowing in the wind, together with her clothes. He should recognize her. She was important. But who was she? He looked closer. There was something in her hands. And object. Something that belonged to him. What was it? She turned around.

'No.' Boba thought. 'Stay.'

She walked a bit, then turned around again. He zoomed in closer, trying to figure out the object in her hands. It was important. It would help him to remember. It was...

Boba's eyes snapped open. He sat in the cockpit of Slave 1, taking a short nap before the next hunt. He already had the job. Just had to figure out where to go first. But that dream had interrupted his plans. It hadn't just been a dream. He tried to remember what he had seen. The woman. The object she was holding. The object that would help him to remember.

He frowned, trying to remember what it had been. It once had belonged to him, but what was it. He turned his head a bit, his gaze met his beloved EE-3. A blaster. The object the woman had been holding was a blaster.

Boba finally remembered. A smile formed on his lips as he punched in the coordinates for his next destination. A year had passed. He scolded himself for almost forgetting it. Watching as the ship jumped into hyperspace, his smile grew wider. He was exited. There was no way she could beat him, he knew. But he had thought about this moment a lot. He knew she would never mange to get 1 million credits. And he already had decided. A long time ago.

>reader's POV<

You heard the sound from afar. The sound of a starship. The sound of his starship. You looked around, trying to spot the unusual form in the sky.

"Another bounty hunter." An old woman said.

"Hopefully he won't bring chaos like the last one." Another one said.