I sat on our bed with my legs tucked under by butt and my song book on my lap. I tucked a braid behind my ear as a gust of warm mind blew from the opened balcony door. I was writing a song to take my mind off what I woke up to the early morning. I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing until a tear dropped from my eyes and onto the words, smugging it.

"Damn it," I sniffed and quickly wiped my eyes. Looking down at word to see the ink from the pen smugging the rest of the words across the line.

Looking through my old drawer, came across the letter you wrote. Said you needed time away. That was so long ago.

Michael has been gone for 3 days now. All because I dared showed regret of what we did 2 years ago. I never seen him so mad at anyone, yet alone me, before and it scared me to death. He screamed, threw things, and got in my face. And I let him. Maybe he needed to let off steam and he'll go back to the man I fell in love with but he didn't. He got angrier and I can't help but to blame myself because I was the few people to support Michael for what he wants to do, now I'm having second thoughts. It was the last thing he needed along with the other obstacles he's facing.

So after an hour of him yelling, he threw a bunch of clothes in a briefcase and left. And I been waiting for him to come back to me for 3 days now. No phone calls or anything.

"Please come back," I wrote the same words coming from my lips in the notebook. "I miss you so much, wherever you are... I love you."

I love him. With all my heart which is why I refuse to give up on us. Maybe we should've waited to move out of the country at such a young age but what we're going through isn't going to break us. I need him. He's my soulmate. We're forever.

My undying love for you, won't let me wait.

Looking down at the engagement ring on my ring finger reminded me of this, smiling at the engraving on the gold band which said, My Everything, in cursive. With that I found myself outside strolling along the side walk of people rushing past me. I've been out for a couple hours now and honestly, it was needed. The apartment was a cave draining everything inside me. First I stopped at a café Michael and I went to a lot, sat down with a croissant and my notebook in front of me.

This is when I came up with the name of the song I was writing. Come Back To Me.

Another love song? A break up song? It all depends how this relationship ends up being. A past or reconciliation. It's weird because all my love songs were written about Michael and now I'm debating if I'm writing a break up song about him. Funny what a year together could do.

I finished my croissant and left a crumbled $5 bill on the table before starting my journey back home. As I was walking, I was overcome with a wave of emotion that almost knocked me off my feet. I turned my gaze to the floor to prevent stares from random strangers.

It might be over.

No, it can't be.

But we barely talked as a normal couple for a month now. It's almost like we hate each other.

I don't hate him. I love him.

Do I?

"Stop," I finally said. I stopped at the end of the sidewalk and took a deep breath to calm my racing heart. I feel like an idiot debating this by myself. I must be going crazy to even question my love for Michael. This needs to be resolved. We need to resolve this but how when I don't even know where he is?

Look Up.

My head shot up to look for the voice who said that to see nobody and strangers walking by me. "Huh?" My eyes peered up to the balcony to our apartment and saw Michael leaning his arms on the bars. In all his handsome glory, a red button up and small fro. Just looking at the ground below him until our eyes met.

Suddenly the noise from the street came to a screeching silence and the people around me disappeared. It was only Michael on the balcony and me on the ground. He pushed himself up straight and held his hand out in my direction, mouthing the words: "Come back home." It was like I could hear him saying this.

It isn't over. It never was over. We both knew this. This is a love story never meant to end.

I smiled up at him, tears of joy streaming down my face as I found myself skipping back to the arms of the love of my life. A place I'd never leave again.