Part 1

Katsuki was out front watering his plants when he saw her. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap top and blue shorts that came down to her mid-thighs. That wasn't what caught his attention though. No, what caught his attention was the intricate art covering her. Her arms were completely covered in tattoos, showing no bare patch of skin anywhere. There was one peaking over her left breast, some on her thighs, and a few by her ankles. Her short green hair was shaven on her left side, giving him an easy view of the many piercings in her ear.

He sneered at her when she turned to look at him from across the street, her dazzling big green eyes falling on him. He hadn't even spoken to her and he was already beyond annoyed with her. She must be the new tattoo artist that Toshinori had been talking about when he came in for his weekly bouquet. The tall burly blond man liked to buy some of Katsuki's flower arrangements to brighten up his tattoo parlor, and it wasn't like Katsuki could stop the man from talking to him about his personal life. But, out of all the shop owners on the street, he disliked Toshinori the least, so he tolerated the man, barely.

But now he had hired a young-looking, probably super irritating, a new artist who was most likely an entitled brat who had a holier-than-thou attitude. Yeah, he didn't like her already. He especially didn't like the bright smile she sent his way, accompanied by a friendly wave. He flipped her off and stormed back into his shop, refusing to look out the front window, where he knew he'd see her probably pissed off expression. None of the shop owners on their street liked him, save for Toshinori, but he was fine with that. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to interact with the new hire.

His hopes were, evidently, pointless, because the next day, before he even opened his shop, the woman was standing out front looking in.

"Oi," he snapped, causing her to jump in surprise. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Ah! Sorry," she apologized, smiling awkwardly as she scratched the back of her neck. "I was just admiring your flowers! They're so beautiful! Is this where Toshinori gets his from?"

"You see any other flower shops on this damn street?" he asked, cocking an unimpressed brow at her.

"Your arrangements are lovely," she beamed, seemingly undeterred by his grumpy expression.

"Do you need something?" he asked impatiently.

"Oh, uh," she stammered, face turning pink in embarrassment. "I just thought I'd introduce myself! We do work across from each other, after all."

"Who the hell asked you to introduce yourself?" he snarked, turning away to unlock his shop.

"Uh," she said, clearly caught off guard. "It's kinda just common curtesy, y'know?" she tried to laugh off.

"Well, you can take your common courtesy and stick it up your ass," he told her before slamming the door to his shop shut, effectively ending their conversation. Maybe she'd leave him alone now.

.

.

.

He'd been wrong. At around midday, right when there was a lull in customers, the bell on his door rang.

"Welcome to Ground Zero Flower Shop, what the fuck do you want?" he asked from the back, where he had been repotting one of his daffodils.

"Um, hi," the woman's voice sounded, causing him to roll his eyes in frustration. He finished potting the plant and carried it out to the front, annoyed to find her standing there nervously.

"What the fuck do you want?" he repeated, brushing past her as he went to set the pot in it's designated place.

"I was wondering if you'd like to grab lunch?" she asked, causing him to give her an unimpressed look. "I think we got off on the wrong foot earlier. I'm on break right now, so, if you're free, I'd like to get you lunch," she explained with a slightly nervous smile and a faint blush on her cheeks. "What do you say?"