Chapter Two

"Harry Horan?" A nurse called me from the emergency room. I stood up with Niall, our hands clasped together, and walked towards the doorway she was standing in. "Hello, how are you?"

"Not that well," I chuckled.

She smiled as she led us down a hallway. "We'll take care of it, don't worry." We walked into a room where she took my height, weight and blood pressure. "Are you Harry's..." She trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Husband," Niall said, holding his hand out. "Niall Horan."

She shook it and her face lit up. "You play for the Yankees."

He blushed, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah, I do."

"Well good luck this season."

"Thank you."

"Okay, Harry, I'm going to move you to a room, but I need a urine sample." She handed me a cup and pointed to a door. "You can use this bathroom, we'll wait here for you."

I nodded, going into the bathroom. Once I came back, the nurse was on the computer and Niall was sitting in the chair. I handed her the bag with my sample in it and sat on Niall's lap.

"Well, Harry, it definitely looks like you have food poisoning, but we still need to examine you just to make sure, alright?" I nodded. "Okay, let's get you into a room." We followed her down the hall, and she let us in. "The doctor will be with you shortly."

After about fifteen to twenty minutes, the doctor walked in. "Hello, are you Harry Horan?" The doctor asked. I nodded at her. "I'm Doctor Hanley, nice to meet you."

"You as well. This is my husband, Niall." They exchanged hellos before she took a seat on a rolly stool.

"Okay, Harry, you have a very mild case of food poisoning. But, are you aware that you're pregnant?" She asked, looking between both of us.

"What?" Niall and I asked at the same time. We looked at each other, mouths slightly agape.

"I'm assuming not," she chuckled. "Well congratulations, boys. You're about six weeks along, Harry."

"I'm- what? I'm pregnant?"

"You said you only get your period sometimes, yes?" I nodded. "I guess since you aren't that use to it, you didn't realize that you may be pregnant. But you put that your last period was about two months ago, so you're about six weeks."

"How are you sure, though?"

"Well, I'm not, but how long have you two been trying? If you are, that is."

"About two months..." Niall said.

"Exactly," Doctor Hanley laughed. "Now, would you like a sonogram?"

"Yes, please. But do you think we could have a minute alone, first, please?" Niall asked, taking a seat on the bed beside me.

"Of course, I'll give you a few minutes while I go get the sonogram machine." She walked out of the room, just leaving Niall and me.

"Niall..."

"Baby, you're pregnant. We're pregnant. I-we're having a baby, Harry." He beamed at me, a tear rolling down his cheek. He laughed in disbelief, latching onto me in a hug.

"I know, darling," I whispered. "I love you."

He pulled away, leaning in to kiss me. "I love you, too, Princess. I mean-fuck, a baby. I'm so happy, baby. This is fantastic."

"This is the most I've seen you cry," I chuckled, wiping away a stray tear on his cheek.

"I'm just so happy, Princess..."

Baseball, Broadway, and Babies // n.s.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara