Interrogation

The plan to capture the perpetrators after Eren and Historia failed when Dimo was found dead in the streets of Trost. His neck was cleanly sliced. His son Flegel, however, was lucky enough to evade the counterattack. He hid in the trees as he witnessed his father's murder at the hands of none other than the Interior Police.

~~~

"ERWIN!" Hange burst through Erwin's office door.

"What is it, Hange?" Erwin was caught off guard by his comrade's sudden entrance. He stood at his desk, shuffling through papers. He eyed her as she huffed from running down the hallway.

 He eyed her as she huffed from running down the hallway

"Dimo Reeves... was found murdered this morning. The Interior has Historia and Eren."

Erwin's face froze. He knew what this meant.

"Commander," Hange began worriedly, "They're going to suspect the Scouts, we have to g--"

"I know," Erwin said as he turned his head to face the wall, a soft smile on his face, "I accept my fate," He sighed.

"Erwin..." Hange, "That's not all..."

Erwin raised his eyebrows at Hange.

"Eren told me he remembered part of Reiner and Bertholdt's conversation. He thinks titan's powers are transmitted from being eaten." 

Erwin blinked upon having the words hit his ears.

"I see... So that probably has something to do with why Reiss wants Eren... But, Historia... Is she being of royal blood having something to do with this?"

Hange was silent.

"What do you think, Hange?"

"...I think Reiss plans to have Historia eat Eren to become a titan." 

Erwin kept his face expressionless, "I see." 

He walked towards the door, putting a jacket on.

"Hange," He began. He turned to face her.

"I am naming you the next Commander of the Scouts; my successor should our coup fail."

"Commander..."

Erwin sighed, "I trust we will get through this. But if we don't, it seems we don't have a choice," He shut his eyes and put his hand on her shoulder, "I trust you, Hange." 

Hange nodded sadly at the Commander, accepting her new position should things escalate poorly.

"Then, I'm off to Mitras to turn myself in. Take care of them all, Hange." Erwin said as he shut the door behind him. 

~~~

Meanwhile, in Trost, Levi and his squad faced an unknown enemy. Sitting on the rooftops with one of Hange's squad members, Nifa, the two discussed the Reeves murder and who had done it.