Chapter 1

Authors Note: Hi! Uh, couple things before u start.... 1) all of their thoughts are marked with apostrophes instead of quotation marks. ('like this lol') and 2) I have playlists for every chapter on my spotify (it's racheljacobs627)

i would also like the preface this story that there are large time jumps in between some chapters. i don't explicitly say when they happen, context clues are super important in this book.

——————————————-

Three loud knocks on Dream's dorm room window wake him with a startle. Turning to pull open the shades, he's blinded almost immediately by the Florida sunrise. His best friend, Sapnap, is lifting open the window, and consequently, letting in the humid air. As always, he starts immediately talking Dream's ear off.

"Dream, Dream, listen, it's 6:15, breakfast in an hour and a half, which gives us the perfect time to-"

"No fucking chance," he immediately cuts his friend off, "I have to give a tour with Karl to the new kids coming in today."

"Do you actually think Mr. Young will care if you're sober while doing so?" Sapnap retorts. "It's not like he is most of the time."

"Well..."Dream starts to talk back, but is cut off by his blanket being ripped off of his body leaving him in just sweatpants and his blanket being pulled out the window. "Hand it back."

"No fucking chance," the brunette mocks, "Get dressed, I brought the pipe,"Sap says stupidly, wiggling his eyebrows and reminding Dream of them time the two of them had bought a pipe on their class trip their sophomore year, "And Quackity had an ounce dropped off last night, I paid him for half of it though," he continues to persuade Dream, and before he knows it, he's fully dressed and sneaking out his window. It's barely wide enough for him to fight his broad shoulders through.

An hour later the two come, half-wobbling, out of the woods behind their adjacent dorms. Their sophomore and junior year at The Cortona School, they had been placed in the same building, but the school had discovered that to be quite the mistake, after the two had set the fire alarm off a record 7 times in the latter year. Having around 20 minutes to kill before they could get food in the dining hall, they decide it would be best if they went to their dorms and grab their backpacks; Dream can get his skateboard.

The weight on the blonde's shoulders lightens as Karl jogs out of the dorm and bounds into Dream's arms.

"Dream!" the nickname Quackity had coined him their sophomore year rolls easily off the tongue, "Dude first off all, you need to tell me when you leave early, I got nervous, and secondly, fuck you for not inviting me."

A bubble of laughter erupts from both Karl and Dream's throats, and the blonde shoves him in the direction of their friend's dorm, "Go ask Sappy," and just as the words leave his mouth he regrets them, seeing a mad looking Sapnap staring directly back at him.

"I fucking hate you sometimes, Dream" he taunts with the blonde's nickname, mocking what, Sapnap personally thought, to be a stupid nickname. I mean what's so dreamy about the guy? 6'3, tanned, slightly toned, and long sandy blonde hair? Barf.

The three wait outside the adjacent dorms for a few more of their friends: Quackity, Wilbur, Technoblade, Wilbur's adopted underclassmen: Tommy and Tubbo, and Dream's adopted underclassman: Ranboo.

"What's up Big D? Big S? Big K?," The surprisingly tall freshman, Tommy inquiries from the three seniors as he shows up with his equally squeaky voiced friend, Tubbo. "You two reek by the way,"

Tommy jokes to them before getting an elbow in the stomach from Sapnap.

"Agh- Big S," Tommy whines, "what the fuck?" Earning a laugh out of all four boys around him.