chapter ten

Today, we are going to mum's. We had just finished packing and were about to apparate. "You ready?" Draco nodded back. He held my hand, holding our trunks. We instantly vanished and found ourselves in front of a large manor. The McGonagall Manor to be exact. 

I pulled out a set of keys that were in my pocket and unlocked the door to reveal a homey environment. Mum always decorated the manor like this during Christmastime. But, on a daily basis, it was modern and a bit glum. The tree was empty, so that meant that we were going to decorate it later. 

"Welcome to my casa." I laughed. Mum came to the foyer with a large smile, "Hi, Vic. Hi, Draco." She came in a gave me a hug, and then Draco. "Hello, Mrs. McGonagall." He returned her smile. "You can call me, Mayra." 

"Okay, Mum. I'm going to settle in upstairs." Draco and I picked up our trunks and walked up the stairs. "Looks like your Mum really loves Christmas," he said looking at the completely decorated hallway. "Yeah, Mum really overdid herself this year." 

We enter into my room. It was tidied up, mainly because Draco was going to be over. Normally, she'd leave my mess there and I would be forced to clean it when I came home. "Let's drop our trunks here," I walk over to a spot and place it down. "Do we have to change or get ready before dinner?" Draco asked. "Yeah, but only for today because Grandmother is coming. I'm going to head into the shower." I take out my towel from a shelf that was in my room and undress. 

Draco's POV

She left me in the room to go take a bath or something. I knew I was nervous, but I wasn't quite sure why. I mean, I've met Victorie's mum and Professor McGonagall before. Her father wasn't nearly in the picture. I can see a trail of steam coming from the bottom of the door of the bathroom. I decide to make a move, mainly because the bathroom was in our bedroom. I undress and put a towel around my waist. 

I open the door quietly and sneak into the shower. "I'm not sure if I was invited to the party."I say slyly. Ugh why did I say that, such an idiot.

Victorie's POV

I was so started to find Draco in my shower. "Merlin, you scared me!" I slapped him on the shoulder. He smirked at me and then we both burst into laughter. "Well, I had to get prepared to have dinner with my future in-laws and future wife." He pulled me close into a steaming kiss, hands running through my hair and slowly becoming lower and lower. He cupped his hand around my ass. 

I honestly never had a boyfriend or anything close, so I tried to be less awkward and run my fingers through his hair. When he let go, there was just a moment of stillness. I looked deep into his grey eyes and he looked into mine. "You're so beautiful." he smiled at me. "Well, you just got very lucky," I say trying to sound confident. 

When we were out of the shower, we headed to go get dressed. I had taken out a red dress and Draco a black suit with a red christmas tie. My house elf, Winky entered the room. "Dinner is ready." 

"Thank you, Winky." I winked. And with that, we headed downstairs. The dining room was fully decorated and everything was placed in the right spot. Grandmother was already here, dressed in her Christmas formal attire. "Oh hello my dear." she came in and hugged me. "And now we can properly acquaint ourselves, Draco. Come here my boy." She went in and gave him a warm hug. Shocker, because I though grandmother hated him.

We sat in the living room first, had some martinis and headed to the dining room, where we had some of our family recipe chicken and rice with a small salad. 

Draco's POV

So, I saw Professor McGonagall, and I felt as if I were going to melt. Would it be awkward, or would she mention me cutting class? Then, Vic's mum would think I am unsuited. I was particularly shocked at her hugging me. I always thought she'd kill me if I didn't got to hogwarts or something.  

Victorie was so happy. That bright smile on her face could light my darkness even a million miles away. She surely doesn't deserve me. The other day, I went to Hogsmeade and got her this set of earrings and necklace. Diamond actually. After dessert, we headed to the living room to watch some television. Her mum had brought it from the muggle world. It was quite fascinating. Like watching a dramatic play on a screen. "Ouuu, I know what we can watch." she said almost mischievously. "I swear if you put something bo-," she cut me off, "I promise it won't be boring, my love." 

She put on something called, "Edward Scissorhands." It was quite fascinating. About a scientist who builds an animated human being -- the gentle Edward. The scientist dies before he can finish assembling Edward, though, leaving him with a freakish appearance accentuated by the scissor blades he has instead of hands. A loving suburban saleswoman Peg discovers Edward and takes him home, where he falls for Peg's daughter. However, despite his kindness and artistic talent, Edward's hands make him an outcast. I can't believe I've never watched it before. 

It was now late, 12:30 to be exact. We headed upstairs and changed into our pajamas. "So how was the movie?" Vic said her face red from crying. "It was really good. Strangely. I most enjoyed watching you wallow over a fictional character." I silently laughed. I noticed that Vic grabbed a button up shirt of mine from a dresser. "So, you're just going to sleep... like that?" 

"Um, yeahh." she laughed. "You know, you can just sleep in your trousers if you'd like. It's much comfortable."  I sighed, already done getting dressed. I mean, I didn't mind, but I was realllyyy lazy. "If you say so."

Shit I made it awkward.

Victorie's POV

I layed in bed and grabbed my book that was on my bedside table and read for a few minutes. Draco was laying beside me, hands wrapped around my waist. He started to fall asleep, so I turned off the lights. Tomorrow would be a long day anyway.