Part 1: Chapter 8; A Message

Start from the beginning

"In about nine or ten days, two of my Archangels are going to arrive in Shimabara Bay, and they're here to keep you two busy while I continue with my plans."

"Pfft, and I'm assuming we're supposed to train in those nine days to prepare for them, right, demon~?" Shinobu broke out into a smug smirk.

This little shit, coming here to tell us about his upcoming attack, and killing the innkeeper just to do it, I swear I'm going to jam my sword down his disgusting throat....

"Eh, I doubt there's much you and that boy can do to prepare for them, to be honest,"

Sephir broke out into a wide-eyed grin that stunk of sadism and confidence as he snarled,

"They're just as strong as Upper Moons, after all~!"

Shinobu gasped on impulse.

"W-What?"

"Pfft, what, you think I was just gonna attack my so-called 'Leader' who has the Twelve Kizuki on his side without having my own firepower~?" Sephir scoffed, "I've got, say, 350-plus Seraphim planted all across the world, and while Muzan probably has more demons on his side, when each and every one of my children can give a Lower Moon a run for their money, and my Archangels can each fight an Upper one, who's to say I can't win~?"

"Plus, I've got Seven Archangels while Muzan's got Six Upper Moons, so math says I should win there too, y'know?" Sephir shrugged.

Shinobu could only remain tight-lipped and frowning, as she tried her very best to calm her rapidly-pacing heart.

This disgusting maggot, I'll kill you!

"So I'm guessing you're going to try and overthrow Kibutsuji with your little army of super-strong demons and then destroy Japan, right!?" Shinobu spat with a condescending smile on her face.

Sephir, though, shook his head with a chuckle.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, No, Miss Kocho~!" The lanky demon replied, "I'm taking over this whole planet!"

That was the last answer Shinobu could have wanted. Her heart sank and the façade of a smile she put on faded instantly.

"You see, that old fuck Muzan doesn't see how good being a demon really is. This guy's obsessed with trying to 'Conquer the Sun'- whatever that means- but he's just wasting his time. He's got his eyes on Japan, and not even taking a glimpse at the bigger picture~!"

Shinobu felt her disgust grow the longer the silver-haired demon in the dress shirt spoke, his smile and calming demeanor edging her closer to the edge of what she could take.

"Look, Shinobu-

"Call me by my first name again and I snap your neck~"

"Right, anyways Shinobu," Sephir's smile grew when he saw the veins pop on the naked girl's forehead, "Muzan has practically overrun Japan with his demons, with the goal of finding a way to beat the sun, his 'Only Weakness' or whatever. But he's blinded by this, and he's got his little minions figuring out ways to help him beat this 'weakness' of his. He's obsolete, he's old news, Shinobu! The demon race needs a new, fresh mind to take them further~!"

"I've got big plans for this race, and man, I've already put 'em into motion! I avoided your little gang of Demon Slayers and went everywhere you guys were not! Central Asia, Europe, Australia, the Americas- hell, even the Arctic, all with the goal of eating as many humans as possible without being caught by you pesky demon slayers~"