But, as expected, everyone was alive and well. Reina, Hayato, and I were tackled by Daisy and Poppy. "WELCOME HOME!!" Everyone in she front hall erupted. 

"Is everyone doing well?" Emma asked.

 Oliver smiled. "Yes, everyone is well and safe." He said as I sucked in my breath when I saw him- apparently the now 17-year-old had not finished growing since we last left. It was a similar case for Nat and Anna, and several of the younger kids, who had grown and changed a lot.

"So, how did it go?" Yuugo asked, breaking the greeting up. I grinned, coming to the front and linking my arms around Emma and Ray's necks.

"We found it!!" I exclaimed excitedly- despite knowing since we left how long it would take for us to find it and where and when we would find it as well. "The temple and the golden water!!" I took a sharp inhale, my face darkening significantly "But now... we have other matters to worry about. It's happening." The worried faces of everyone stared back into my serious eyes.

-----flashback------

"This is it!!!" I yelled, pointing towards the temple as soon as I saw it. "There's now mistaking it- this is the temple that scary-*ss demon showed to me in Cuvitidala!!" Ray turned to me, and although I couldn't see his face, I bet it would've had an expression of excitement on it.

There was a moment of pause before everyone began cheering. "We did it!!!" Gilda cheered, wrapping her arms around Emma in a hug. 

"We found it!!! It's here!! It's really here! I'm so glad!!" Don exclaimed, waving his arms in the air. 

"Cool it." Hayato said, jabbing a finger in our direction. I saw Ray look down in thought, his shoulders slouching slightly like they always seem to do whenever he thinks. 

"This temple's real quiet, huh?" Zack asked in a hushed tone after a moment of silence.

"It's a lot different from how lively the city was." Gilda hummed. We all paused for a moment before Emma recoiled in momentary shock.

"Someone's there!" She said, turning our attention to the black-cloaked figure walking along the mountainside. 

"We shouldn't stay here for long." Zack stated. 

Ray hummed. "Yeah, let's get this over with quickly-"

"ALRIGHTY THEN!!" I whisper-shouted. "UP I GO~~!!" I began skipping up the steps.

"...How does she have so much energy all the time?" Hayato grumbled, beginning the long hike up to the top.

"I wonder..." Ray agreed with a sigh.

"LAST ONE THERE'S A ROTTEN EGG!!" I called from several steps above them. 

-----

"I- I WIN!!" I said, exhaling a puff of breath as I arrived at the top step. I huffed, placing my hands on my knees for a minute before the other's began arriving. 

Ray took a glance at my pitiful state and sighed. "That's what you get for running the whole way." He rolled his eyes.

I stood up and brushed off my legs. "You say that, but you still hurried to keep pace with me~~" I teased. Ray quickly turned away, brushing past me.

"We should look at what's inside." He said, changing the subject. Despite knowing he wouldn't be able to see it under my mask,  I stuck out my tongue before walking towards one of the other towers.

I was looking at the 2nd tower when I caught sight of Hayato. He waved me over and I shrugged, wondering if he found the tower with the faceless demon. Sure enough, as I arrived, the sight of the faceless demon sitting inside of the small tower sent shivers down my spine. I got what Emma meant when she said that it was similar to him in the manga... The demon had an extreme presence and felt similar to the air around the childlike demon god.