8

"I should've done something! Anything! God why am I so stupid?!" Kenma yelled. Everyone stared at Kenma. "What do you mean? There was nothing you could do!" Yamamoto yelled. "Yes there was! I knew about this! I could've done something, anything to get him to stop!" He yelled. "Is now really the time to be fighting?" Coach Nekomata said as he walked up to them. The whole team stayed silent. Kenma was lost in thought for a moment. "Oh no" Kenma said. Everyone looked at him.

"Who's gonna tell his dad?" Kenma said. "Kuroo lives with his dad and grandpa, how are we supposed to tell them?" Kenma said. "What about his mom-" Lev tried to ask but got interrupted by Yaku. "That's not something you just say! It could be personal!" Yaku scolded. "Sorry!" Lev apologized. "His mom doesn't live with them anymore. That's all you need to know" Kenma said through his tears. There was a mix of emotions throughout the team. Some were sad at the fact that Kuroo had been through so much pain, some were angry at themselves for not noticing sooner, and others were worried about their captain.

After everyone sulking for a little while, one of the doctors came out. "Kuroo Tetsuro?" She called. Coach Nekomata stood up. He talked with her for a moment, then went back to the team. "So, he passed out due to blood loss, and stress" He explained. More tears slipped out of Kenma's eyes. "We can go in the room, if we want. He isn't awake currently, but the doctors said he should be soon" He said. The team nodded, and walked in. The sight wanted to make Kenma throw up. Kuroo was lying unconscious on the hospital bed, some machines were hooked up to him.

It felt so off to everyone. No one would have imagined that their captain would be in this state. To Lev, Kuroo was one of the strongest people in the world. Yaku, he felt that he shouldn't have pushed Kuroo to tell them. Kai, he couldn't believe anything he was seeing. It just didn't seem real. Inuoka, he felt like he was going to be hospitalized himself just by looking at him. Kenma, he felt like everything was his fault in this. 'If I acted sooner, if I did something more than just hope, maybe if I were better, if I didn't cause him stress, maybe he wouldn't be in the damned hospital' Kenma thought.

"Hey, it's not your fault, okay?" Yaku said as he patted Kenma on the shoulder. Kenma didn't respond. He was too upset to do or react to anything at this point. 'Did I cause him stress? Is this my fault? Who am I kidding, of course it's my fault' Kenma told himself. Soon enough, they had to all go home. Before Kenma went to his house, he had to make a little stop at Kuroo's house. He knocked on the door, and soon after. Kuroo's dad opened the door. "Oh! Hello Kenma! I didn't expect to see you here, but Tetsuro isn't home yet. Do you know where he is?" He asked, cheerfully.

Kenma felt so bad for him. "Oh uhm, how do I uh say this" Kenma started. He couldn't finish. More tears just came spilling out. "Oh my! Come in!" He said. Kuroo's dad sat him down on the couch. "What's wrong?" He asked. "K- Kuroo, he's uhm, how do I say this? In the uhm hospital?" Kenma said. The color faded from his face. "What?" He responded. His voice was no louder than a whisper. "What happened to him?! How long was he there?!" he frantically asked. "I think Kuroo should tell you himself. The doctors said he would be awake soon" Kenma said. "Okay, well I think you should go home, and I mean that in the nicest way possible, but since no one will be home here. I'm going to the hospital" He said as he stood up.

Kenma nodded before walking out the door. When Kenma walked in his front door, he was immediately hugged by his mom. "Why are you home late, sweetie? You scared me!" She exclaimed. "I was visiting someone. In the hospital" Kenma said as tears threatened to spill. "Who?" She asked, her eyes now widened. "K- Kuroo" Kenma said as he started crying into his mom's chest. Kenma's mom face was now in pure shock. "What happened to him?!" She yelled. "He was hurting himself, for years! He was suicidal! I couldn't do anything to help him" Kenma cried as he tried to wipe his tears.

Tears just kept flowing out of Kenma's eyes until he fell asleep on his mom's shoulder. "Aww, baby. I'll let you skip school tomorrow" She said as she kissed her son's forehead. She didn't have the strength to put him in his room, despite how small he is. So she left him to sleep on the couch. She placed a blanket around him, and left the room. The next few days were Kenma locking himself in his room, not eating, and playing video games. The team was extremely worried about him, Bokuto and Akaashi also found out. Bokuto was extremely upset, he's stuck in a permanent emo mode, but worse.

"Kenma, you have to come out! I'm worried!" Kenma's mother called. "..." Kenma didn't respond. She sighed, then she walked away. Kenma eventually went back to school, he had to eventually. He had huge eye bags and tear stained cheeks with puffy eyes. It was clear he was crying, nobody dared to say a word to him. They still had volleyball practice, even without there captain. Nobody was like themselves, though. Kenma couldn't bring himself to go visit Kuroo. It would only make the pain worse. On Kuroo's end though . . .

974 words

Kuroo is not dead people! Your welcome, this is me being nice.