Welcome Back {51}

Start from the beginning

You both walk down the road for a little while longer until you're cut off by a familiar blond popping up in front of you.

"Kakashi-sensei is back!" Naruto screams, out of breath.

Your face lightens up and you look at the boy with eager eyes. "Where?" You quickly ask.

You want to see him so, so bad. It's been way too long and you only have four more weeks in the village.

"A-at the H-Hokage's office." He pants with his hands on his knees.

You quickly thank Kurenai and rush away, headed to the Hokage's building.

You get there in no time and try to run in but one of the guards stops you. "What do you need Akihako?" He questions. You strain back from rolling your eyes and bounce on your feet. "I have to see the Hokage. Regarding matters of a mission." You lie and head in around his hand.

Once you get to the door, you stop running and reach for the handle. But you quickly stop yourself when you hear low talking coming from inside so you press your ear to the door.

"Is this a joke?" Tsunade snaps, clearly extremely agitated. "No. They're planning their attack in a little more than a year. We have reasoning to believe it's in fourteen to fifteen months."

Oh.

My.

God.

They know. They found out. That's what the mission was. They went to get information on whatever organization your mother is in. And they got it too.

There's a slam on the table which causes you to jump a little bit. "MONTHS?! We don't have enough time to get ready! Oh my god." Tsunade begins going on and on about how inconvenient this is and how much money will go into it.

Although her complaining about finances is slightly ironic.

"Hatake, do not say a single thing to Y/N regarding this. You'll be training with her, and the rest of the old team 7 as we prepare for this. And I repeat, Do. Not. Tell her. Because she will go with her mother." Tsunade demands in her raspy voice.

You hear Kakashi clear his throat. "I don't believe she would. She has morals, and she knows Mazoku is evil. With all due respect, why do you think Y/N would help her?" He asks, a bit disappointed due to her lack of trust in you.

A sad smile slips onto your face as you hear him talk about you like that. In all reality, if you hadn't found out the Leaf is the reason your mom killed your clan, then he would be right.

If she killed them in cold blood simply because she wanted to, then that would be different.

But that's not what happened.

"I understand you love Y/N. But it's her mother. If they have met, there is a very, very high chance she's been manipulated into believing that witch's lies." Your smile falls and you stare at the door with a harsh glare.

You hate the way she speaks of your mother.

You take a couple of steps back and ram into the door, purposely stumbling in to make it seem like you're just here because you're anxious to see Kakashi.

"Y/N AKIHAKO!" Tsunade snaps as soon as your back hits her desk. You shoot up to your feet and turn to face her, giving the annoyed lady in front of you a big innocent smile.

You know she doesn't know you were out there so you can play this off with ease.

But you didn't even realize how many people are behind you until you glance to look at Kakashi. There's him, along with 7 other men, all lazily looking at you and some of them allowing their eyes to wander a bit too far.