IV

Start of Anew

I could feel my legs and feet felt heavy as they were numb. The steps I took slowed down. My heart thumping across my chest, my arms felt a slight sore pain as sweat dripped drizzled down my back and face. Each breath felt like my last, and yet I continue to, heavy as the sun beaming down my drenched black tied back hair. Barely any breeze of the wind to swindle the trees.

I saw a green decrepit bench nearby, taking my few last steps to it, and almost fully collapse onto it. Leaning onto the back of the bench, I could feel the hard wood behind my damped upper back, my shoulder blades poking slightly through my clothes with limping my arms.

For once, I been running from something more simple.

After catching my breath, my mouth slightly open, I could feel the dry itch of water. From my left hand, I held on to a bottle of water, raising it to open and jug down. The refreshing feeling of the water flowing down my throat.

I wiped the extra water from my mouth, and instinctively tried to take off my shirt only to realize after looking down that I wasn't wearing a shirt to begin with, but rather a sport's bra, really short shorts, and running sneakers. I sighed shaking my head to myself.

I'll never get used to that.

It's been a few months to when I got out of that damn prison of 3 months. At the start, Dad wanted to go shopping for new clothes for me after some physical therapy that I was able to walk after a while.

At first, I didn't think it was necessary. I could just wear the hoodies, T-shirts, and shorts I had. Well, that's until one day I tried on one of my dark T-shirts and my belly was exposed.

"How? I'm even smaller than I used to be!" I exclaimed in confusion.

Dad shook his head while grabbed one of my hoodies and shorts and gave it too me.

"I told you", He said looking at me with a smirk, "It's just not because of the size you are thinking of."

?

"What do you mean by that?"

"Just put those clothes and we going to the mall", He told me, disregarding my question while getting ready himself.

We actually went to a lot of shops at the mall. That's because Dad wanted to make sure I had clothes that fitted, assuming that I may stay like this forever. I myself admits this isn't far from a possibility.

From jackets, shoes, socks, and even underwear. We essentially were at the mall for hours. We bought a bit much we can handle, so we started to go back to the car when we needed to drop off after each shop.

From the clothing choices, I tried to pick something simple close to what I am used to. Whether it was color I preferred being black, or sticking to simple wear...or at least, what I can after the additional stuff I had to wear.

We started with the top wear like shirts and T-shirts. While we were grabbing and picking out clothes I wanted, one of the workers came by while we were looking at one of the sections.

"Good afternoon!", She said with a friendly seemly smile, "Is there any help I can offer today?"

My dad was the first to notice while I was staring at the ridiculous designs this one had.